Program Schedule

Jankowski, Jacek

Dear All,

I have just made the “final schedule”* for Wikimania 2010 available online here: http://wikimania2010.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule.

Dear authors, I was doing my best to plan the sessions according to your requests regarding time needed for presentations/workshops/etc. and your availability. However, I still need you to review it and tell me if you can be present on given time.

Best regards,

 Jacek Jankowski

 Wikimania 2010 PC Chair

*Subject to change…;)

Re: Program Schedule

Phoebe Ayers-2
Wow! Jacek, this is an amazing schedule :)

Thanks for posting it. I will make sure all WikiSym attendees know about it as well.

best,
-- phoebe

--
WikiSym 2010: July 7-9 | http://wikisym.org/ws2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Jankowski, Jacek <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear All,

I have just made the “final schedule”* for Wikimania 2010 available online here: http://wikimania2010.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule.

Dear authors, I was doing my best to plan the sessions according to your requests regarding time needed for presentations/workshops/etc. and your availability. However, I still need you to review it and tell me if you can be present on given time.

Best regards,

 Jacek Jankowski

 Wikimania 2010 PC Chair

*Subject to change…;)

Re: Program Schedule

Joan Ubeda
Dear Jacek

I'm a documentary producer wishing to come and shoot some sequences at Wikimania for a documentary on multilingualism. I cannot fins any contact for media on the main Wikimania page. Can you suggest who to contact regarding accreditations and so on?

Thanks

Joan Ubeda
Barcelona

2010/6/29 Jankowski, Jacek <[hidden email]>

Dear All,

I have just made the “final schedule”* for Wikimania 2010 available online here: http://wikimania2010.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule.

Dear authors, I was doing my best to plan the sessions according to your requests regarding time needed for presentations/workshops/etc. and your availability. However, I still need you to review it and tell me if you can be present on given time.

Best regards,

 Jacek Jankowski

 Wikimania 2010 PC Chair

*Subject to change…;)

Re: Program Schedule

Cormac Lawler
Hi Jacek,

Thanks very much - well done. :-) I really like how you have the schedule at a glance, with similarly themed presentations grouped together in a block. What would be useful now is to see exactly when each presentation will happen in each block, since people might want to hope between some sessions in different blocks. I would imagine, if they haven't given prior notice, that presenters will be available in their given time slots - no?

Looking forward to it. :-)

Cormac

On 29 June 2010 00:21, Jankowski, Jacek <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear All,

I have just made the “final schedule”* for Wikimania 2010 available online here: http://wikimania2010.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule.

Dear authors, I was doing my best to plan the sessions according to your requests regarding time needed for presentations/workshops/etc. and your availability. However, I still need you to review it and tell me if you can be present on given time.

Best regards,

 Jacek Jankowski

 Wikimania 2010 PC Chair

*Subject to change…;)

Re: Program Schedule

Phoebe Ayers-2
Crazy talk like that, Cormac, and you might find yourself ending up as a session moderator!

All: I suggest self-organization, and when in doubt, fist-fights. It might also be good to start a page on the wiki for all of the lunchtime meetings that people are proposing having with various small groups, since this schedule looks rather packed otherwise. What about http://wikimania2010.wikimedia.org/wiki/Lunch_meetings ?

best,
-- phoebe

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:03 AM, Cormac Lawler <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I've been put on moderation? ;-)

Just to correct a typo in my original mail, I, of course, meant to say that people might want to *hop* between sessions...

Cormac

On 29 June 2010 08:12, phoebe ayers <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Juliana da Costa José-3
Hello Joan,

please contact me about filming.

Best

Juliana

2010/6/29 Joan Ubeda <[hidden email]>
[...]

I have a little update regarding the schedule. The following sessions were moved:

1)      http://wikimania2010.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule#Wikiversity changed with http://wikimania2010.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule#Open_Educational_Resources_.28OER.29

2)      http://wikimania2010.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule#Cultural_Heritage_and_Wikipedia changed with http://wikimania2010.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule#Wikis_of_the_World

3)      http://wikimania2010.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule#Wikipedia_Credibility changed with http://wikimania2010.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule#Wikipedia_as_a_Hypertext_System_.2F_What_can_Wikipedia_learn_from_.28....29

Regarding Cormac’s question: “What would be useful now is to see exactly when each presentation will happen in each block, since people might want to hope between some sessions in different blocks.” We are going to include this info in the schedule – we want to avoid “fist-fights” in the venue.

Regarding session moderators/chairs - we need your help! If you are going to attend a session “X” and you are knowledgeable in the area covered in this session you can sign up on our page with the schedule next to the session “X”. Session moderation duties include making sure speakers are where they need to be, keeping track of time, etc.

Best regards,

 Jacek Jankowski

 Wikimania 2010 PC Chair

Re: Program Schedule

Roan Kattouw-2
2010/6/29 Jankowski, Jacek <[hidden email]>:
> Regarding Cormac’s question: “What would be useful now is to see exactly
> when each presentation will happen in each block, since people might want to
> hope between some sessions in different blocks.” We are going to include
> this info in the schedule – we want to avoid “fist-fights” in the venue.

From reading the schedule, my impression was that the talks would
happen in the order the are listed on the schedule. For instance, my
talk is second of three in a block scheduled for 11:30-13:00 , so I
assumed my slot would be 12:00-12:30. If this is somehow not the case,
you may want to mention that explicitly.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)

Re: Program Schedule

Jankowski, Jacek
Just to make this clear:
Yes - this is our idea - the talks would happen in the order they are
listed on the schedule.
However, the order is NOT yet final.

Best,
 Jacek

2010/6/29 Jankowski, Jacek <[hidden email]>:
> Regarding Cormac's question: "What would be useful now is to see
exactly
> when each presentation will happen in each block, since people might
want to
> hope between some sessions in different blocks." We are going to
include
> this info in the schedule - we want to avoid "fist-fights" in the
venue.

From reading the schedule, my impression was that the talks would