Project proposal: Wikicafes

Sam-82
Hi,

Has anyone here checked out Wikipubs.org, the pub guide wiki?  It's a
proposed wikimedia project.  Anyway, I propose a similar guidebook for
cafés and coffeehouses: Wikicafés.  A place for information, reviews,
photos and so forth.

  Proposal information: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikicafes
  Demonstration site:   http://www.wikicafes.co-operista.com

I've searched and searched but can't find any other site out there that
lets users submit their own reviews of cafés, let alone gives them the
democratic power of a wiki.

Regards,
Sam Wilson

Re: Project proposal: Wikicafes

Angela-5
On 12/16/06, Sam <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone here checked out Wikipubs.org, the pub guide wiki?  It's a
> proposed wikimedia project.  Anyway, I propose a similar guidebook for
> cafés and coffeehouses: Wikicafés.  A place for information, reviews,
> photos and so forth.
>
>   Proposal information: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikicafes
>   Demonstration site:   http://www.wikicafes.co-operista.com

One has existed at http://cafereview.wikia.com/ since May 2005 but it
hasn't been active yet.

Angela.

Re: Project proposal: Wikicafes

Sam-82
Thanks Angela,

Or rather /wasn't/ active -- I see you've just added some content (at
least I assume it was you?).  :-)  I'll post something there asking people
for their feelings about another (hopefully better -- it's got google maps
and no ads!) review wiki.

Thanks,
Sam Wilson.

On Sat, December 16, 2006 6:54 pm, Angela wrote:

> One has existed at http://cafereview.wikia.com/ since May 2005 but it
> hasn't been active yet.
>
> Angela.

Re: Project proposal: Wikicafes

Hay (Husky)
You could also add café and pub reviews to the 'nightlife and entertainment'
sections on World66, a wiki travel guide. For example, pubs and clubs in
Utrecht, the Netherlands (where i live) can be found at:
http://www.world66.com/europe/netherlands/utrecht/nightlife

They have Google Ads, but they do license all content under a CC-BY-SA
1.0license (only text, not the images), so it's possible to copy
content to any
Wikimedia Wiki, because CC-BY-SA is compatible with the GFDL.

-- Hay Kranen / [[User:Husky]]

On 12/16/06, Sam <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Angela,
>
> Or rather /wasn't/ active -- I see you've just added some content (at
> least I assume it was you?).  :-)  I'll post something there asking people
> for their feelings about another (hopefully better -- it's got google maps
> and no ads!) review wiki.
>
> Thanks,
> Sam Wilson.
>
> On Sat, December 16, 2006 6:54 pm, Angela wrote:
> >
> > One has existed at http://cafereview.wikia.com/ since May 2005 but it
> > hasn't been active yet.
> >
> > Angela.

Re: Project proposal: Wikicafes

Andre Engels
2006/12/16, Husky <[hidden email]>:

> You could also add café and pub reviews to the 'nightlife and
> entertainment'
> sections on World66, a wiki travel guide. For example, pubs and clubs in
> Utrecht, the Netherlands (where i live) can be found at:
> http://www.world66.com/europe/netherlands/utrecht/nightlife
>
> They have Google Ads, but they do license all content under a CC-BY-SA
> 1.0license (only text, not the images), so it's possible to copy
> content to any
> Wikimedia Wiki, because CC-BY-SA is compatible with the GFDL.

Unfortunately, this is incorrect. Both CC-BY-SA and GFDL only allow
republication under the same license, not under a license that is somehow
'equivalent'.

--
Andre Engels, [hidden email]
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels