Promotion, graphics, and parties

metasj

A few notes on sharing the wikimania love, before and during the
conference :

* Attached is a draft pamphlet for spreading the word about Wikimania,
care of Reid Offringa.  On a less sacrilegious note, there is also a
lovely hacking-days poster image about (Brett, what's the latest version
like?) which would make a good printout to bring to other related events.

* There are three entries so far in the t-shirt competition; and while
they are pretty darn good, more are wanted!  And other image suggestions,
including icons/buttons of various sizes, are welcome.

* A Wikimania party Saturday night is being planned for the MIT Museum,
which is a proper tardis of a building.  You can prepare by practicing
your DDR skills...
  http://web.mit.edu/museum/collections/index.html

* Friday there will be, among other things, a party hosted by wikitravel;
who is encouraged to put more details up on the wiki, where that and other
events are noted:
  http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Events

( SJ )

wikipamphlet2.JPG (59K) Download Attachment

Re: Promotion, graphics, and parties

Andrea Forte
SJ - um. speaking of Wikimania love... has anyone else mentioned what
looks like a diagram of the female reproduction organs on the
pamphlet? What IS that thing?? :-)

Andrea

On 7/14/06, Samuel Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A few notes on sharing the wikimania love, before and during the
> conference :
>
> * Attached is a draft pamphlet for spreading the word about Wikimania,
> care of Reid Offringa.  On a less sacrilegious note, there is also a
> lovely hacking-days poster image about (Brett, what's the latest version
> like?) which would make a good printout to bring to other related events.
>
> * There are three entries so far in the t-shirt competition; and while
> they are pretty darn good, more are wanted!  And other image suggestions,
> including icons/buttons of various sizes, are welcome.
>
> * A Wikimania party Saturday night is being planned for the MIT Museum,
> which is a proper tardis of a building.  You can prepare by practicing
> your DDR skills...
>   http://web.mit.edu/museum/collections/index.html
>
> * Friday there will be, among other things, a party hosted by wikitravel;
> who is encouraged to put more details up on the wiki, where that and other
> events are noted:
>   http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Events
>
> ( SJ )

Re: Promotion, graphics, and parties

Andrea Forte
LOL.

ok, it's good that I can laugh at myself because that was not supposed
to go out to the whole list! But maybe someone else can tell me what
it is! :-)

-Andrea

On 7/19/06, Andrea Forte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> SJ - um. speaking of Wikimania love... has anyone else mentioned what
> looks like a diagram of the female reproduction organs on the
> pamphlet? What IS that thing?? :-)
>
> Andrea
>
> On 7/14/06, Samuel Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > A few notes on sharing the wikimania love, before and during the
> > conference :
> >
> > * Attached is a draft pamphlet for spreading the word about Wikimania,
> > care of Reid Offringa.  On a less sacrilegious note, there is also a
> > lovely hacking-days poster image about (Brett, what's the latest version
> > like?) which would make a good printout to bring to other related events.
> >
> > * There are three entries so far in the t-shirt competition; and while
> > they are pretty darn good, more are wanted!  And other image suggestions,
> > including icons/buttons of various sizes, are welcome.
> >
> > * A Wikimania party Saturday night is being planned for the MIT Museum,
> > which is a proper tardis of a building.  You can prepare by practicing
> > your DDR skills...
> >   http://web.mit.edu/museum/collections/index.html
> >
> > * Friday there will be, among other things, a party hosted by wikitravel;
> > who is encouraged to put more details up on the wiki, where that and other
> > events are noted:
> >   http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Events
> >
> > ( SJ )

Re: Promotion, graphics, and parties

phoebe ayers
No, it's a good question! I, too, wonder what it is! Is it a seed pod?
A dissected Calvinball? Reid, explain yourself! :)

-- phoebe

On 7/19/06, Andrea Forte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> LOL.
>
> ok, it's good that I can laugh at myself because that was not supposed
> to go out to the whole list! But maybe someone else can tell me what
> it is! :-)
>
> -Andrea
>
> On 7/19/06, Andrea Forte <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > SJ - um. speaking of Wikimania love... has anyone else mentioned what
> > looks like a diagram of the female reproduction organs on the
> > pamphlet? What IS that thing?? :-)
> >
> > Andrea
> >
> > On 7/14/06, Samuel Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > A few notes on sharing the wikimania love, before and during the
> > > conference :
> > >
> > > * Attached is a draft pamphlet for spreading the word about Wikimania,
> > > care of Reid Offringa.  On a less sacrilegious note, there is also a
> > > lovely hacking-days poster image about (Brett, what's the latest version
> > > like?) which would make a good printout to bring to other related events.
> > >
> > > * There are three entries so far in the t-shirt competition; and while
> > > they are pretty darn good, more are wanted!  And other image suggestions,
> > > including icons/buttons of various sizes, are welcome.
> > >
> > > * A Wikimania party Saturday night is being planned for the MIT Museum,
> > > which is a proper tardis of a building.  You can prepare by practicing
> > > your DDR skills...
> > >   http://web.mit.edu/museum/collections/index.html
> > >
> > > * Friday there will be, among other things, a party hosted by wikitravel;
> > > who is encouraged to put more details up on the wiki, where that and other
> > > events are noted:
> > >   http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Events
> > >
> > > ( SJ )

Re: Promotion, graphics, and parties

metasj
Ahhh, the secret to attracting the right people : providing a mystery
that only Wikipedia can solve.

Why *is* the mesencephalon so important?

SJ

On 7/19/06, Andrea Forte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> LOL.
>
> ok, it's good that I can laugh at myself because that was not supposed
> to go out to the whole list! But maybe someone else can tell me what
> it is! :-)
>
> -Andrea
>
> On 7/19/06, Andrea Forte <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > SJ - um. speaking of Wikimania love... has anyone else mentioned what
> > looks like a diagram of the female reproduction organs on the
> > pamphlet? What IS that thing?? :-)
> >
> > Andrea
> >
> > On 7/14/06, Samuel Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > A few notes on sharing the wikimania love, before and during the
> > > conference :
> > >
> > > * Attached is a draft pamphlet for spreading the word about Wikimania,
> > > care of Reid Offringa.  On a less sacrilegious note, there is also a
> > > lovely hacking-days poster image about (Brett, what's the latest version
> > > like?) which would make a good printout to bring to other related events.
> > >
> > > * There are three entries so far in the t-shirt competition; and while
> > > they are pretty darn good, more are wanted!  And other image suggestions,
> > > including icons/buttons of various sizes, are welcome.
> > >
> > > * A Wikimania party Saturday night is being planned for the MIT Museum,
> > > which is a proper tardis of a building.  You can prepare by practicing
> > > your DDR skills...
> > >   http://web.mit.edu/museum/collections/index.html
> > >
> > > * Friday there will be, among other things, a party hosted by wikitravel;
> > > who is encouraged to put more details up on the wiki, where that and other
> > > events are noted:
> > >   http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Events
> > >
> > > ( SJ )

Re: Promotion, graphics, and parties

KIZU Naoko
On 7/20/06, phoebe ayers <[hidden email]> wrote:
> No, it's a good question! I, too, wonder what it is! Is it a seed pod?
> A dissected Calvinball? Reid, explain yourself! :)

Ou vraiment l'Origine d'Humane
http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/daumier/

No, it's just joke ...... we are better to wait Reid ......
--
Aphaia
aka

Re: Promotion, graphics, and parties

Andrea Forte
Well duh. Typical me. Forever taking the mesencephalon for other body
parts. It can now safely be said that Andrea is no brain surgeon.