Proportions of new Wikimedia users by program source

Proportions of new Wikimedia users by program source

Pine W
Hi Research-l folks,

Is there a chart that shows the proportions of new users that register on
Wikimedia in association with individual campaigns like Wiki Loves
Monuments, chapter GLAM activities, education programs, etc?

I am particularly interested in knowing what percentage of new users are
likely to be unaffiliated with identifiable programs, and likely need to
learn how Wikimedia works using exclusively online resources and initially
without individualized help.

If this information is available for a variety of snapshots in time, and
for a variety of individual Wikimedia sites, that would be appreciated. If
this information is available with productivity and attrition information
for each group on each site, that would be even better.

Thanks,

Pine

Re: Proportions of new Wikimedia users by program source

Leila Zia
Hi Pine,

For Wiki Loves series, you can see this information at
https://tools.wmflabs.org/wikiloves/

Best,
Leila

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018, 19:40 Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Research-l folks,
>
> Is there a chart that shows the proportions of new users that register on
> Wikimedia in association with individual campaigns like Wiki Loves
> Monuments, chapter GLAM activities, education programs, etc?
>
> I am particularly interested in knowing what percentage of new users are
> likely to be unaffiliated with identifiable programs, and likely need to
> learn how Wikimedia works using exclusively online resources and initially
> without individualized help.
>
> If this information is available for a variety of snapshots in time, and
> for a variety of individual Wikimedia sites, that would be appreciated. If
> this information is available with productivity and attrition information
> for each group on each site, that would be even better.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pine

Re: Proportions of new Wikimedia users by program source

Eran Rosenthal
See also: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Campaigns
assuming (wrongly?) that users create accounts using a URL with
*?campaign=X *you could find the stats in EventsLogging.