Proposal: machine learning based image categorisation tool for the Wikimedia Commons

Proposal: machine learning based image categorisation tool for the Wikimedia Commons

Linas Vaštakas
Hello.

I are writing to announce a proposal we have posted for a machine learning
based image categorisation tool for the Wikimedia Commons.

Our proposal is available here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
wiki/Grants:Project/AICAT

We have already attracted some useful feedback from the Commons App and
also discussed cooperation with the Commons: Structured Data project,
however, we would be keen to get more feedback on the project.

Please drop us a line if you have ideas or if you would like to help.

In addition, if you would like to see this happen, we would appreciate an
endorsement on the project page - that would help us show there is wider
interest among the Community.

Thanks!

Best wishes,
Linas Vastakas