Propose a Community Growth session at Wikimania before June 1!

Propose a Community Growth session at Wikimania before June 1!

Jonathan Morgan
Hello,

The Community Growth
<https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Community_Growth> space at
Wikimania 2019 is now accepting submissions! The deadline for submission
<https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Submissions> is June 1. See
below for submission topics and session formats.

In the Community Growth space, we will come together for discussions,
presentations, and workshops that address these questions:

   -

   What is and is not working around attracting and retaining newcomers?
   -

   How should Wikimedia activities evolve to help communities grow and
   flourish?
   -

   How should our technology and culture evolve to help new populations to
   come online, participate and become community members?

*Recommended topics. *While proposals related to all aspects of community
growth and newcomer experience are welcome, organizing team is particularly
interested in proposals related to:

   -

   Research on recruitment, activation and retention.
   -

   Technological approaches
   -

   On- and off-wiki engagement strategies
   -

   Supporting diversity and cross-cultural newcomer experiences
   -

   Lessons learned from beyond Wikimedia, and
   -

   The future of newcomers and editing

If you are interested in seeing presentations around additional topics, but
do not plan to submit a proposal, you can suggest additional topics here
<https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Community_Growth#Topics_suggested_by_community_members>.

*Types of session.* We prefer sessions that are participatory, interactive,
promote conversations, and give a voice to parts of our movement that are
heard less often. We welcome the following session formats:

   -

   Roundtable discussion
   -

   Panel discussion
   -

   Lightning talk
   -

   Working session
   -

   Teaching session
   -

   Conference presentation

*Poster submissions.* Posters are also a good way to introduce a topic, or
show some results of an action. Please consider submitting one
<https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Poster_session>!

More information about the Community Growth space, topics, and submission
formats is available on the proposal page
<https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Community_Growth>.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Morgan

On behalf of the Community Growth leadership team

--
Jonathan T. Morgan
Senior Design Researcher

Re: Propose a Community Growth session at Wikimania before June 1!

metasj
How about ideas focused on building entire new wikis that support and
encourage new communities of contributors?