Pywikipedia - xmlreader.py script

Automatik Wikipedia
Hi,

I would like to use the script xmlreader.py of Pywikipedia, but I have not all the informations to use it correctly. Maybe you could help me because it seems this script is used on the Toolserver.

I suppose this script is the equivalent with XML of replace.py without replace but just using the search option. Does anyone know what the parameter to define the text to search on the XML dump files? If there an other important parameter except this and the parameter 'filename' (example: the 'regex' parameter of replace.py could be maybe used here to search with a regexp)?

If I'm wrong on my explanations, please tell me.

Thanks by advance,