Qid to Page ID

Haifeng Zhang-2
Hi all,
Are you aware of any API that maps wikidata QIDs to their article Page IDs?

Thanks,
Haifeng

Re: Qid to Page ID

Paul Albert

I've been using the Wikimapper API mentioned here:

https://opendata.stackexchange.com/questions/5467/mapping-all-wikipedia-urls-to-wikidata-entity-ids

Regards,

Paul Albert

On 7/21/20, 12:39 PM, "Wiki-research-l on behalf of Haifeng Zhang" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

    Hi all,
    Are you aware of any API that maps wikidata QIDs to their article Page IDs?

    Thanks,
    Haifeng

Re: Qid to Page ID

Isaac Johnson
Hi Haifeng,
As far as I know, there is no simple solution to this, especially if you
want to do it for many languages. I quickly wrote up a phabricator
<https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Phabricator> ticket (T258514
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T258514>) to request that WMF externally
publishes an internal table
<https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/Data_Lake/Edits/Wikidata_item_page_link>
that contains the information that you would need to generate your own API
(or more likely, just join into whatever data you're working with). I can't
make any promises on how long this will take to produce, but if this is
valuable to have in the next week or so, I can look into creating a
snapshot of this data and putting it on Figshare in the meantime until
there's a more sustainable solution to it.

Best,
Isaac

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 1:05 PM Paul Albert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've been using the Wikimapper API mentioned here:
>

> https://opendata.stackexchange.com/questions/5467/mapping-all-wikipedia-urls-to-wikidata-entity-ids
>

> Regards,
>
> Paul Albert
>
> On 7/21/20, 12:39 PM, "Wiki-research-l on behalf of Haifeng Zhang" <
> [hidden email] on behalf of
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>     Are you aware of any API that maps wikidata QIDs to their article Page
> IDs?
>
>     Thanks,
>     Haifeng

Isaac Johnson (he/him/his) -- Research Scientist -- Wikimedia Foundation

Re: Qid to Page ID

Haifeng Zhang-2
Issac, thanks a lot! Look forward to the data .

Best,
Haifeng

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 1:51 PM Isaac Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Haifeng,
> As far as I know, there is no simple solution to this, especially if you
> want to do it for many languages. I quickly wrote up a phabricator
> <https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Phabricator> ticket (T258514
> <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T258514>) to request that WMF
> externally
> publishes an internal table
> <
> https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/Data_Lake/Edits/Wikidata_item_page_link
> >
> that contains the information that you would need to generate your own API
> (or more likely, just join into whatever data you're working with). I can't
> make any promises on how long this will take to produce, but if this is
> valuable to have in the next week or so, I can look into creating a
> snapshot of this data and putting it on Figshare in the meantime until
> there's a more sustainable solution to it.
>
> Best,
> Isaac
>
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 1:05 PM Paul Albert <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> > I've been using the Wikimapper API mentioned here:
> >

> https://opendata.stackexchange.com/questions/5467/mapping-all-wikipedia-urls-to-wikidata-entity-ids
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Paul Albert
> >
> > On 7/21/20, 12:39 PM, "Wiki-research-l on behalf of Haifeng Zhang" <
> > [hidden email] on behalf of
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi all,
> >     Are you aware of any API that maps wikidata QIDs to their article
> Page
> > IDs?
> >
> >     Thanks,
> >     Haifeng

> Isaac Johnson (he/him/his) -- Research Scientist -- Wikimedia Foundation

Re: Qid to Page ID

Haifeng Zhang-2
Paul,
Sorry, I did not read your response carefully.
Will try the wikimapper API as suggested.

Thanks a lot!