Query results are merged into one table row

Query results are merged into one table row

Jacob Vos
Hi all,

What did I wrong when query results are merged into one table row?

This is the query (for subobjects) (in Dutch):

{{#ask:

[[Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut hoort bij bedrijfsobjecttype::{{PAGENAME}}]]

|?Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut wordt aangeduid met naam=Attribuutnaam

|?Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut heeft toelichting=Toelichting

|?Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut heeft waarden volgens
domein=Gegevenswaardendomein

|?Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut is gebaseerd op standaard=Bron standaard

|format=table

|mainlabel=-

|headers=plain

}}

Regards,

Jacob Vos

Re: Query results are merged into one table row

Toine Schijvenaars
Try the inverse query approach. In your case

{{#ask: [[-Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut hoort bij
bedrijfsobjecttype::{{PAGENAME}}]] etc}}

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Toine Schijvenaars

> Op 28 mrt. 2017 om 07:47 heeft Jacob Vos <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Hi all,
>

> What did I wrong when query results are merged into one table row?
>

> This is the query (for subobjects) (in Dutch):
>

> {{#ask:
>
> [[Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut hoort bij bedrijfsobjecttype::{{PAGENAME}}]]
>
> |?Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut wordt aangeduid met naam=Attribuutnaam
>
> |?Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut heeft toelichting=Toelichting
>
> |?Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut heeft waarden volgens
> domein=Gegevenswaardendomein
>
> |?Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut is gebaseerd op standaard=Bron standaard
>
> |format=table
>
> |mainlabel=-
>
> |headers=plain
>
> }}
>

> Regards,
>
> Jacob Vos

Re: Query results are merged into one table row

Jacob Vos
Hi,

The inverse query results in an empty result table, showing a lot of small, empty rows, and at the bottom the link '... other results'.

Jacob

Try the inverse query approach. In your case

{{#ask: [[-Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut hoort bij bedrijfsobjecttype::{{PAGENAME}}]] etc}}

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Toine Schijvenaars

> Op 28 mrt. 2017 om 07:47 heeft Jacob Vos <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Hi all,
>

> What did I wrong when query results are merged into one table row?
>

> This is the query (for subobjects) (in Dutch):
>

> {{#ask:
>
> [[Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut hoort bij
> bedrijfsobjecttype::{{PAGENAME}}]]
>
> |?Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut wordt aangeduid met naam=Attribuutnaam
>
> |?Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut heeft toelichting=Toelichting
>
> |?Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut heeft waarden volgens
> domein=Gegevenswaardendomein
>
> |?Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut is gebaseerd op standaard=Bron
> |standaard
>
> |format=table
>
> |mainlabel=-
>
> |headers=plain
>
> }}
>

> Regards,
>
> Jacob Vos

Re: Query results are merged into one table row

Jacob Vos
I solved the problem by adjusting the template of the subobject (only the first part shown here):

Old:
{{#subobject: Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut | Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut hoort bij bedrijfsobjecttype={{{Bedrijfsobjecttype|}}}....

Now:
{{#subobject: | Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut hoort bij bedrijfsobjecttype={{{Bedrijfsobjecttype|}}}....

I understand that in the old situation all subobjects get the identification 'Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut', so the query sees only one / merges them.

Question: what is the relevance of specifying an identification for a subobject in the subobject template? That's not clear to me from https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Adding_subobjects.

-Jacob

> What did I wrong when query results are merged into one table row?
> This is the query (for subobjects) (in Dutch):

It is very difficult to answer an arbitrary question like above without having seen the actual data therefore I would suggest you re-create an example on the sandbox [0].

Before elaborating on the issue of merged values, please have a look at [1, 2].

[0] https://sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org
[1] https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Subobjects_and_queries
[2] https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Examples/Queries/Subobject_to_display_table_rows

Cheers

On 3/28/17, Jacob Vos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> What did I wrong when query results are merged into one table row?
>

> This is the query (for subobjects) (in Dutch):
>

> {{#ask:
>
> [[Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut hoort bij
> bedrijfsobjecttype::{{PAGENAME}}]]
>
> |?Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut wordt aangeduid met naam=Attribuutnaam
>
> |?Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut heeft toelichting=Toelichting
>
> |?Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut heeft waarden volgens
> domein=Gegevenswaardendomein
>
> |?Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut is gebaseerd op standaard=Bron
> |standaard
>
> |format=table
>
> |mainlabel=-
>
> |headers=plain
>
> }}
>

> Regards,
>
> Jacob Vos

Re: Query results are merged into one table row

kghbln
Heiya Jacob,

see a subobject as an invisible page. If you name the subobject than the
data is stored as if it was on one page with the same name - the result
gets merged because it refers to the same "page". Without a name the
subobjects get different names so they act like different "pages" - the
result does not get merged.

Cheers Karsten

Am 28.03.2017 um 12:13 schrieb Jacob Vos:

> I solved the problem by adjusting the template of the subobject (only the first part shown here):
>
> Old:
> {{#subobject: Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut | Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut hoort bij bedrijfsobjecttype={{{Bedrijfsobjecttype|}}}....
>
> Now:
> {{#subobject: | Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut hoort bij bedrijfsobjecttype={{{Bedrijfsobjecttype|}}}....
>
> I understand that in the old situation all subobjects get the identification 'Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut', so the query sees only one / merges them.
>
> Question: what is the relevance of specifying an identification for a subobject in the subobject template? That's not clear to me from https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Adding_subobjects.
>
> -Jacob

Hi Karsten,

Thanks, clear.