Query

K. Kaushik Reddy
Hi everyone,

It's been a long time, I'm back to work after a long holiday. I have one
question to ask. I have different usernames for Gerrit account  and
Phabricator account . Will that create any trouble while contributing the
code?

Best,
K. Kaushik Reddy.

Re: Query

bawolff
Its totally fine for the accounts to be different. (As long as you aren't
intentionally using multiple accounts to confuse people, of course)

At worse, it might be a tad confusing, but that's totally ok. Putting a
note on your user page listing all your accounts is a good idea to prevent
confusion.

If you log into phab using your "wiki account" (e.g. via OAuth). You can
still link your gerrit account, by going to your preferences in
phabricator. This will make both accounts associated with your phabricator
account.

--
Brian
On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 4:53 PM K. Kaushik Reddy <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> It's been a long time, I'm back to work after a long holiday. I have one
> question to ask. I have different usernames for Gerrit account  and
> Phabricator account . Will that create any trouble while contributing the
> code?
>
> Best,
> K. Kaushik Reddy.

Re: Query

Thiemo Kreuz
You can link all your accounts via your user settings on Phabricator.

Except for a little confusion here and there I'm not aware of any
consequences of having different names on Wikitech (which includes
Gerrit) and Phabricator. I happen to have slightly different account
names myself.

Best
Thiemo

Re: Query

Andre Klapper-2
On Wed, 2019-01-23 at 17:00 +0000, bawolff wrote:
> If you log into phab using your "wiki account" (e.g. via OAuth). You
> can still link your gerrit account, by going to your preferences in
> phabricator. This will make both accounts associated with your
> phabricator account.

Indeed. This If you'd like to do this, follow the steps in
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Help#Creating_your_account

andre
--
Andre Klapper | Bugwrangler / Developer Advocate
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/