Question about page contributors API

Bowen Yu
Hi,

I am not sure if anyone met this problem before. I am calling the contributors API (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&format=json&prop=contributors& ... ) with a list of titles as the input (less than 50), and then I continue until nothing more is available. However, in the responses I gather for that single request, I am not getting the same number of distinguished pages that I input. I cannot really figure out why. Could somebody provide some suggestion? Thanks!

Sincerely,
Bowen