Question re getting citation for a particular page

Question re getting citation for a particular page

Fred Zimmerman-3
Hi,

I would like to get the citation info for a page -- i.e. the bibliographic information about the page itself -- in a JSON, YAML, or BibTex format. How do I accomplish that?  I see there is a CiteThisPage extension but I can't get the syntax right.

Fred

---
Install PageKicker's Algorithmic Publishing Toolkit:

cd pagekicker-community
./simple-install.sh

# build your first book:
cd pagekicker-community/scripts
bin/builder.sh --seedsviacli "Algorithms; Thomas Cormen; Introduction to Algorithms" --booktitle "Algorithm Demo"

Re: Question re getting citation for a particular page

Legoktm
Hi,

On 02/27/2017 02:37 PM, Fred Zimmerman wrote:
> I would like to get the citation info for a page -- i.e. the
> bibliographic information about the page itself -- in a JSON, YAML, or
> BibTex format. How do I accomplish that?  I see there is a CiteThisPage
> extension but I can't get the syntax right.

Is this for your own wiki or a Wikimedia wiki? If you visit e.g.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:CiteThisPage/Wikipedia> it has a
BibTex entry you can copy.

-- Legoktm

Re: Question re getting citation for a particular page

Fred Zimmerman
for a wikimedia wiki -- but I need to do it programmatically.  any citation format is ok.

Download the app: Warships & Navies articles & images for Android and iOS

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 9:32 PM, Legoktm <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On 02/27/2017 02:37 PM, Fred Zimmerman wrote:
> I would like to get the citation info for a page -- i.e. the
> bibliographic information about the page itself -- in a JSON, YAML, or
> BibTex format. How do I accomplish that?  I see there is a CiteThisPage
> extension but I can't get the syntax right.

Is this for your own wiki or a Wikimedia wiki? If you visit e.g.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:CiteThisPage/Wikipedia> it has a
BibTex entry you can copy.

-- Legoktm

Re: Question re getting citation for a particular page

Gergo Tisza
On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 7:02 PM, Fred at Nimble Books <[hidden email]> wrote:
for a wikimedia wiki -- but I need to do it programmatically.  any citation format is ok.

Just fetch the revision ID and last edit date from the API and generate the citation yourself. The template [1] used by English Wikipedia is simply

  @misc{ wiki:xxx,
    author = "Wikipedia",
    title = "<page name> --- Wikipedia{,} The Free Encyclopedia",
    year = "<year of last edit>",
    url = "\url{https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=<page title>&oldid=<revision id>}",
    note = "[Online; accessed <current date>]"
  }