Quiet in here....

Gordon Joly

Quiet in here, and I was looking at the posting rates for this list
over the past year or two....

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/

Re: Quiet in here....

Mike Peel
> Quiet in here, and I was looking at the posting rates for this list
> over the past year or two....

It's all (this list, IRC, meta pages) gone very quiet since the
London wikimeet... did something happen then to upset things? Or was
so much progress made that we no longer need to talk about anything?
Or is it just that everyone's still recovering from alcohol and/or
travel? ;-)

Mike

Re: Quiet in here....

Thomas Dalton
2008/9/16 Michael Peel <[hidden email]>:
>> Quiet in here, and I was looking at the posting rates for this list
>> over the past year or two....
>
> It's all (this list, IRC, meta pages) gone very quiet since the
> London wikimeet... did something happen then to upset things? Or was
> so much progress made that we no longer need to talk about anything?

Neither, really. I just think there's not a great deal to talk about
at the moment - people are concentrating on the elections. There was
some talk about the chapter, but I think most of it was about what
went wrong with v1, rather than about the future. It was productive,
but only in as much as it helps us know what to keep in mind as we go
forward, rather than actually taking us forward. I think we need to
wait until after the elections before a great deal will happen.

> Or is it just that everyone's still recovering from alcohol and/or
> travel? ;-)

There could be some of that - the meetup was still going strong when I
left at about 7pm, I've no idea how late others stayed!

Re: Quiet in here....

Ross Gardler

Thomas Dalton wrote:

> 2008/9/16 Michael Peel <[hidden email]>:
>>> Quiet in here, and I was looking at the posting rates for this list
>>> over the past year or two....
>> It's all (this list, IRC, meta pages) gone very quiet since the
>> London wikimeet... did something happen then to upset things? Or was
>> so much progress made that we no longer need to talk about anything?
>
> Neither, really. I just think there's not a great deal to talk about
> at the moment - people are concentrating on the elections. There was
> some talk about the chapter, but I think most of it was about what
> went wrong with v1, rather than about the future. It was productive,
> but only in as much as it helps us know what to keep in mind as we go
> forward, rather than actually taking us forward. I think we need to
> wait until after the elections before a great deal will happen.

It would be helpful for those who couldn't be at the meeting to know
what was discussed and what conclusions were drawn.

Ross

Re: Quiet in here....

geni

2008/9/16 Michael Peel <[hidden email]>
> Quiet in here, and I was looking at the posting rates for this list
> over the past year or two....

It's all (this list, IRC, meta pages) gone very quiet since the
London wikimeet... did something happen then to upset things? Or was
so much progress made that we no longer need to talk about anything?
Or is it just that everyone's still recovering from alcohol and/or
travel? ;-)

Mike

Not much to discuss. We are currently going throught he question stage for candidates and I don't really want to start discussing other things until post elections.

--
geni

Re: Quiet in here....

Thomas Dalton
> It would be helpful for those who couldn't be at the meeting to know
> what was discussed and what conclusions were drawn.

There weren't really conclusions, at least nothing that needs
community discussion - we don't get to choose which hoops to jump
through, we just have to jump through them. We talked about what's
required to set up bank accounts, but nothing really new there, just a
little more detail on what went on last time. We talked a bit about
domain names, some decisions still to be made there but the bottom
line was that it didn't really matter - whoever actually owns the
domain name, we'll have no problem using it. We talked a little about
fundraising, but only in extremely vague terms, so nothing really to
report there (we're pretty optimistic about how much we can get,
though). That's about all I remember...