RE: Userbox compromise proposal (Was: Proposalonuserboxdisagreement)

RE: Userbox compromise proposal (Was: Proposalonuserboxdisagreement)

Peter Mackay

Perhaps we are misunderstanding each other. After all, only you and I know
what is in our hearts, and words are an imperfect medium, especially when
all we see is the bland ASCII characters.

I withdraw the "dunking in vitriol" comment. It was uneccessary and
unjustified.

Perhaps the question is how do we deal with the proliferation of userboxes?

My feeling is that reacting with hostility and brutality is only going to
escalate matters. I'm more inclined to ridicule and humiliation, especially
with those self-identifying as self-pleasurers, but again, this is perhaps
not the optimum approach.

I'd like to say that making use of the Golden Rule and setting an example by
encouraging good behaviour and warning against bad behaviour is my preferred
approach, but again, that's easy for me to say, because I'm not the person
doing it.

Peter (Skyring)