RE: <pre> tag not working

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: <pre> tag not working

Mauro do Carmo
Thanks Rob,

Before I upgrade I just want to make sure I can follow your instruction with
MW 1.5.6 as well. I would just copy the files for 1.5.6 over the top of the
ones for 1.5.3.

Thanks a lot for your answers, mauro.

-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email]
[mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Rob Church
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 1:03 PM
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] <pre> tag not working

Just copy the files for 1.5.4 over the top of the ones for 1.5.3. In
this case, that's perfectly safe and nice and fast, too.


Rob Church

On 05/01/06, Mauro do Carmo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've checked this link
>
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Documentation:Administration#Updating_the_sof

> tware, and was wondering if there is any easier way to update my wiki?
> I am using 1.5.3 version, and I would like to upgrade to 1.5.4.
>
> Thanks, mauro.
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email]
> [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Brion Vibber
> Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 10:32 AM
> To: Chris Earle; MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
> Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] <pre> tag not working
>
> Chris Earle wrote:
> > But when you preview or save the page, it turns into something like
this:

> >
> >  NaodW29-pre7c193d5a7493d86000000001
> >
> > what happened!?
> >
> >
> > I'm on
> >     * MediaWiki: 1.5.1
> >     * PHP: 4.4.1 (apache)
>
> Upgrade to 1.5.4 immediately.
>
> Not only did we release an upgrade to fix this problem with PHP 4.4.1 a
> couple
> months ago, but you're vulnerable to several known security problems.
>
> Are you subscribed to mediawiki-announce? (You're not subscribed to this
> list,
> at least.) You should be subscribed to one of these lists to ensure that
you

> receive release announcements.
>
> If you are running a MediaWiki instance on the internet or anywhere else
> that is
> accessible in any way to other people, you *MUST* keep abreast with
> releases.
> There are security updates, and we are in NO WAY responsible for your
> failure to
> keep up with updates.
>
> You should not be running *ANY* piece of server software without keeping
up
> with
> updates to it. Please, please, keep up with release updates and install
the

> security updates.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
>
> --
> No virus found in this outgoing message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.14.10/218 - Release Date: 1/2/2006
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l

--
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.14.10/218 - Release Date: 1/2/2006
 

--
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 267.14.21/236 - Release Date: 1/20/2006
 

_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: <pre> tag not working

Rob Church
That should be fine.


Rob Church

On 24/01/06, Mauro do Carmo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Rob,
>
> Before I upgrade I just want to make sure I can follow your instruction with
> MW 1.5.6 as well. I would just copy the files for 1.5.6 over the top of the
> ones for 1.5.3.
>
> Thanks a lot for your answers, mauro.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email]
> [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Rob Church
> Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 1:03 PM
> To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
> Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] <pre> tag not working
>
> Just copy the files for 1.5.4 over the top of the ones for 1.5.3. In
> this case, that's perfectly safe and nice and fast, too.
>
>
> Rob Church
>
> On 05/01/06, Mauro do Carmo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I've checked this link
> >
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Documentation:Administration#Updating_the_sof
> > tware, and was wondering if there is any easier way to update my wiki?
> > I am using 1.5.3 version, and I would like to upgrade to 1.5.4.
> >
> > Thanks, mauro.
> >
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: [hidden email]
> > [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Brion Vibber
> > Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 10:32 AM
> > To: Chris Earle; MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
> > Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] <pre> tag not working
> >
> > Chris Earle wrote:
> > > But when you preview or save the page, it turns into something like
> this:
> > >
> > >  NaodW29-pre7c193d5a7493d86000000001
> > >
> > > what happened!?
> > >
> > >
> > > I'm on
> > >     * MediaWiki: 1.5.1
> > >     * PHP: 4.4.1 (apache)
> >
> > Upgrade to 1.5.4 immediately.
> >
> > Not only did we release an upgrade to fix this problem with PHP 4.4.1 a
> > couple
> > months ago, but you're vulnerable to several known security problems.
> >
> > Are you subscribed to mediawiki-announce? (You're not subscribed to this
> > list,
> > at least.) You should be subscribed to one of these lists to ensure that
> you
> > receive release announcements.
> >
> > If you are running a MediaWiki instance on the internet or anywhere else
> > that is
> > accessible in any way to other people, you *MUST* keep abreast with
> > releases.
> > There are security updates, and we are in NO WAY responsible for your
> > failure to
> > keep up with updates.
> >
> > You should not be running *ANY* piece of server software without keeping
> up
> > with
> > updates to it. Please, please, keep up with release updates and install
> the
> > security updates.
> >
> > -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
> >
> > --
> > No virus found in this outgoing message.
> > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> > Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.14.10/218 - Release Date: 1/2/2006
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > MediaWiki-l mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
> >
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>
> --
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.14.10/218 - Release Date: 1/2/2006
>
>
> --
> No virus found in this outgoing message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 267.14.21/236 - Release Date: 1/20/2006
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l