REQ: Grants information page

Asaf Bartov-2
Dear translators,

After Siebrand had given me a demonstration of the fantastic new Translate extension, I realized we are now able to take a big step forward in making the Wikimedia Grants program more accessible to our colleagues around the world.

I therefore ask for your help in translating http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Index into as many languages as possible, to ensure those seeking funding can find useful information in their own language.

I have tried to make that page as concise and as clear as possible, though there is a somewhat unavoidable level of detail required because people actually need all this information to submit grant proposals.  Nevertheless, if, during translation, you encounter something that's unclear, contradictory, or just weird, please don't hesitate to call it out, on this thread, on the talk page, or privately to me.

Thanks in advance for your help!  I appreciate it greatly.

   Asaf Bartov, Grants, WMF
--
    Asaf Bartov

Re: REQ: Grants information page

vassia atanassova-2
Hello, Asaf!

Currently, http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Grants:Index&oldid=3545737 , the section

=== Reporting requirements ===

seems to be broken, as if staying in the <nowiki> tag. However, the source code of the page looks to me a bit obscure, and I wouldn't try to fix it... Anyway, I'm willing to help for the translation to Bulgarian.

Regards,
Vassia / Spiritia

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 8:58 PM, Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Imagine a world in which every human being can freely share the sum of all knowledge.
Help us make it a reality!  http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate

Re: REQ: Grants information page

vassia atanassova-2
Sorry,

== Reporting requirements ==

<h2> not <h3> :)

V.

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 9:44 PM, vassia atanassova <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Siebrand Mazeland
> Currently,
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Grants:Index&oldid=3545737 ,
> the section
>
> === Reporting requirements ===
>
> seems to be broken, as if staying in the <nowiki> tag. However, the source
> code of the page looks to me a bit obscure, and I wouldn't try to fix
> it...

Thanks for reporting. Fixed now.

> Anyway, I'm willing to help for the translation to Bulgarian.

Yay! :)

Cheers!

Siebrand

Re: REQ: Grants information page

Asaf Bartov-2
Dear translators,

We still need your help in recruiting translators into other languages for the Grants page on Meta[1].  This will help make the Wikimedia Grants program, and the opportunities it offers, more accessible to our colleagues around the world.

Beside Dutch (thanks, Siebrand! :)) and Hebrew, no other language is fully translated yet, and most are not begun yet.  You and your contacts who are native speakers of other languages can really help us make the Grants program more universally accessible.

Please consider helping out, or reaching out to someone who can.

Thanks,

   Asaf

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Index  - use the "Translate this page" link to begin :)

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Bojan Jankuloski-2
Hello Asaf,
I have just finished the Macedonian translation of the Grants page and have alerted several other admins to its existence, so that we may consult and probably share it with the organisations we cooperate with and publish it on our social media places. Thank you for alerting me to this and I hope that we can get many things going with the help of these grants. We certainly always have ideas, but we are perpetually short of finance. Even so, we've managed to work closely with universities and other institutions. Let's hope this will further the collaborations.

Thank you again,

B. Jankuloski

On 12 May 2012 07:37, Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

stephen wanjau-2
Hello,

I started the translation to Swahili. Looking forward to clear it up
by mid this week.

Cheers
//Stephen

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 6:27 PM, Bojan Jankuloski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Asaf,
> I have just finished the Macedonian translation of the Grants page and have
> alerted several other admins to its existence, so that we may consult and
> probably share it with the organisations we cooperate with and publish it on
> our social media places. Thank you for alerting me to this and I hope that
> we can get many things going with the help of these grants. We certainly
> always have ideas, but we are perpetually short of finance. Even so, we've
> managed to work closely with universities and other institutions. Let's hope
> this will further the collaborations.
>
> Thank you again,
>
> B. Jankuloski
>
> On 12 May 2012 07:37, Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear translators,
>>
>> We still need your help in recruiting translators into other languages for
>> the Grants page on Meta[1].  This will help make the Wikimedia Grants
>> program, and the opportunities it offers, more accessible to our colleagues
>> around the world.
>>
>> Beside Dutch (thanks, Siebrand! :)) and Hebrew, no other language is fully
>> translated yet, and most are not begun yet.  You and your contacts who are
>> native speakers of other languages can really help us make the Grants
>> program more universally accessible.
>>
>> Please consider helping out, or reaching out to someone who can.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>>    Asaf
>>
>> [1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Index  - use the "Translate this
>> page" link to begin :)
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear translators,
>>>
>>> After Siebrand had given me a demonstration of the fantastic new
>>> Translate extension, I realized we are now able to take a big step forward
>>> in making the Wikimedia Grants program more accessible to our colleagues
>>> around the world.
>>>
>>> I therefore ask for your help in translating
>>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Index into as many languages as
>>> possible, to ensure those seeking funding can find useful information in
>>> their own language.
>>>
>>> I have tried to make that page as concise and as clear as possible,
>>> though there is a somewhat unavoidable level of detail required because
>>> people actually need all this information to submit grant proposals.
>>>  Nevertheless, if, during translation, you encounter something that's
>>> unclear, contradictory, or just weird, please don't hesitate to call it out,
>>> on this thread, on the talk page, or privately to me.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for your help!  I appreciate it greatly.
>>>
>>>    Asaf Bartov, Grants, WMF
>>> --
>>>     Asaf Bartov
>>>     Wikimedia Foundation
>>>

>> --
>>     Asaf Bartov
>>     Wikimedia Foundation

Wikimedia Kenya
Board Member & Treasurer

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Asaf,
> I have just finished the Macedonian translation of the Grants page and have
> alerted several other admins to its existence, so that we may consult and
> probably share it with the organisations we cooperate with and publish it on
> our social media places. Thank you for alerting me to this and I hope that
> we can get many things going with the help of these grants. We certainly
> always have ideas, but we are perpetually short of finance. Even so, we've
> managed to work closely with universities and other institutions. Let's hope
> this will further the collaborations.
>
> Thank you again,
>
> B. Jankuloski
>
> On 12 May 2012 07:37, Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear translators,
>>
>> We still need your help in recruiting translators into other languages for
>> the Grants page on Meta[1].  This will help make the Wikimedia Grants
>> program, and the opportunities it offers, more accessible to our colleagues
>> around the world.
>>
>> Beside Dutch (thanks, Siebrand! :)) and Hebrew, no other language is fully
>> translated yet, and most are not begun yet.  You and your contacts who are
>> native speakers of other languages can really help us make the Grants
>> program more universally accessible.
>>
>> Please consider helping out, or reaching out to someone who can.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>>    Asaf
>>
>> [1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Index  - use the "Translate this
>> page" link to begin :)
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear translators,
>>>
>>> After Siebrand had given me a demonstration of the fantastic new
>>> Translate extension, I realized we are now able to take a big step forward
>>> in making the Wikimedia Grants program more accessible to our colleagues
>>> around the world.
>>>
>>> I therefore ask for your help in translating
>>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Index into as many languages as
>>> possible, to ensure those seeking funding can find useful information in
>>> their own language.
>>>
>>> I have tried to make that page as concise and as clear as possible,
>>> though there is a somewhat unavoidable level of detail required because
>>> people actually need all this information to submit grant proposals.
>>>  Nevertheless, if, during translation, you encounter something that's
>>> unclear, contradictory, or just weird, please don't hesitate to call it out,
>>> on this thread, on the talk page, or privately to me.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for your help!  I appreciate it greatly.
>>>
>>>    Asaf Bartov, Grants, WMF
>>> --
>>>     Asaf Bartov
>>>     Wikimedia Foundation