Rachel Farrand joins the Engineering Community Team as Events Coordinator

Rachel Farrand joins the Engineering Community Team as Events Coordinator

Quim Gil-2
For almost three years, Rachel Farrand has been a regular contributor in
the organization of public and internal Wikimedia events since she joined
the Wikimedia Foundation as an Admin Assistant and then Project Coordinator
with the Engineering department. This past year, Rachel has been the lead
coordinator at the WMF for the Architecture Summit in San Francisco, the
Wikimedia Hackathon in Zürich, the Wikimania Hackathon in London, most of
the Tech Talks scheduled, and many on-site and off-site meetings. Those of
us lucky to work with Rachel know that she is a reliable and patient team
worker who excels at organizing activities for others to enjoy.

For all these reasons and more, we have decided to evolve Rachel's role as
Events Coordinator at the Engineering Community team. With this change,
Rachel will be able to dedicate more time and attention to this area, where
we are already playing good tactics but we need a more consistent strategy
movement-wide. Rachel's current goals include merging our Architecture
Summit, WMF Tech Days, and SF Hackathon into a single event this Winter;
document a HowTo for hackathon organizers compiling our many lessons
learned; and keeping a regular stream of online Tech Talks and on-site
Wikimedia Tech meetups in San Francisco.

She will also assist in the organization of our outreach programs (Google
Summer of Code, FOSS Outreach Program for Women, Google Code-in):
time-based activities that share many aspects with our technical events.

It’s been a great process to work with Lynette on Rachel’s transition into
the ECT team, and we are delighted Engineering Community events will have
the dedication and focus Rachel brings to the work!.

Congrats and "Welcome" Rachel!

--
Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil

Re: Rachel Farrand joins the Engineering Community Team as Events Coordinator

Marc-Andre
On 09/02/2014 01:09 PM, Quim Gil wrote:
> For all these reasons and more, we have decided to evolve Rachel's role as
> Events Coordinator at the Engineering Community team.

Our loss is your gain, Quim!  Grats, Rachel - it's well deserved!

-- Marc

Re: Rachel Farrand joins the Engineering Community Team as Events Coordinator

Daniel Kinzler
yay! congrats!

Re: Rachel Farrand joins the Engineering Community Team as Events Coordinator

Charles Andrès-2
Yipee!

Charles

Charles ANDRES, Chief Science Officer
"Wikimedia CH" – Association for the advancement of free knowledge –
www.wikimedia.ch
Skype: charles.andres.wmch
IRC://irc.freenode.net/wikimedia-ch
http://prezi.com/user/Andrescharles/

> Le 2 sept. 2014 à 19:09, Quim Gil <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> For almost three years, Rachel Farrand has been a regular contributor in
> the organization of public and internal Wikimedia events since she joined
> the Wikimedia Foundation as an Admin Assistant and then Project Coordinator
> with the Engineering department. This past year, Rachel has been the lead
> coordinator at the WMF for the Architecture Summit in San Francisco, the
> Wikimedia Hackathon in Zürich, the Wikimania Hackathon in London, most of
> the Tech Talks scheduled, and many on-site and off-site meetings. Those of
> us lucky to work with Rachel know that she is a reliable and patient team
> worker who excels at organizing activities for others to enjoy.
>
> For all these reasons and more, we have decided to evolve Rachel's role as
> Events Coordinator at the Engineering Community team. With this change,
> Rachel will be able to dedicate more time and attention to this area, where
> we are already playing good tactics but we need a more consistent strategy
> movement-wide. Rachel's current goals include merging our Architecture
> Summit, WMF Tech Days, and SF Hackathon into a single event this Winter;
> document a HowTo for hackathon organizers compiling our many lessons
> learned; and keeping a regular stream of online Tech Talks and on-site
> Wikimedia Tech meetups in San Francisco.
>
> She will also assist in the organization of our outreach programs (Google
> Summer of Code, FOSS Outreach Program for Women, Google Code-in):
> time-based activities that share many aspects with our technical events.
>
> It’s been a great process to work with Lynette on Rachel’s transition into
> the ECT team, and we are delighted Engineering Community events will have
> the dedication and focus Rachel brings to the work!.
>
> Congrats and "Welcome" Rachel!
>
> --
> Quim Gil
> Engineering Community Manager @ Wikimedia Foundation
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil

Re: Rachel Farrand joins the Engineering Community Team as Events Coordinator

Tomasz Finc-2
Great to see. Congrats Rachel

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Quim Gil <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For almost three years, Rachel Farrand has been a regular contributor in
> the organization of public and internal Wikimedia events since she joined
> the Wikimedia Foundation as an Admin Assistant and then Project Coordinator
> with the Engineering department. This past year, Rachel has been the lead
> coordinator at the WMF for the Architecture Summit in San Francisco, the
> Wikimedia Hackathon in Zürich, the Wikimania Hackathon in London, most of
> the Tech Talks scheduled, and many on-site and off-site meetings. Those of
> us lucky to work with Rachel know that she is a reliable and patient team
> worker who excels at organizing activities for others to enjoy.
>
> For all these reasons and more, we have decided to evolve Rachel's role as
> Events Coordinator at the Engineering Community team. With this change,
> Rachel will be able to dedicate more time and attention to this area, where
> we are already playing good tactics but we need a more consistent strategy
> movement-wide. Rachel's current goals include merging our Architecture
> Summit, WMF Tech Days, and SF Hackathon into a single event this Winter;
> document a HowTo for hackathon organizers compiling our many lessons
> learned; and keeping a regular stream of online Tech Talks and on-site
> Wikimedia Tech meetups in San Francisco.
>
> She will also assist in the organization of our outreach programs (Google
> Summer of Code, FOSS Outreach Program for Women, Google Code-in):
> time-based activities that share many aspects with our technical events.
>
> It’s been a great process to work with Lynette on Rachel’s transition into
> the ECT team, and we are delighted Engineering Community events will have
> the dedication and focus Rachel brings to the work!.
>
> Congrats and "Welcome" Rachel!
>
> --
> Quim Gil
> Engineering Community Manager @ Wikimedia Foundation
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil

Re: Rachel Farrand joins the Engineering Community Team as Events Coordinator

Željko Filipin
On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 7:09 PM, Quim Gil <[hidden email]> wrote:

> we have decided to evolve Rachel's role as
> Events Coordinator at the Engineering Community team

Congratulations! :)

Željko