Radio 2, this afternoon

David Gerard-2
Apparently I'll be talking to someone-or-other around 5:25pm. I think
it's live, not recorded.

- d.

Re: Radio 2, this afternoon

Gary Kirk
Whoever he is, the presenter just said "Wikipedia next".

> Apparently I'll be talking to someone-or-other around 5:25pm. I think
> it's live, not recorded.
>

> - d.

Gary Kirk

Re: Radio 2, this afternoon

David Gerard-2
Chris Evans. I'm on the phone right now, waiting to go on ...

On 08/03/07, Gary Kirk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Whoever he is, the presenter just said "Wikipedia next".
>
> On 08/03/07, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Apparently I'll be talking to someone-or-other around 5:25pm. I think
> > it's live, not recorded.
> >

> > - d.

> Gary Kirk

Re: Radio 2, this afternoon

> On 08/03/07, Gary Kirk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Whoever he is, the presenter just said "Wikipedia next".

> Chris Evans. I'm on the phone right now, waiting to go on ...

Well, that was pretty good! Hope it gets us useful readers and
contributors. And money. GIVE US MONEY. WE'RE A CHARITY. SO WE CAN SAY
THAT ON THE BBC.

- d.

Re: Radio 2, this afternoon

Gary Kirk
I heard Chris saying something but, not being a Radio 2 listener
didn't realise he was the actual presenter. Who knew he had a radio
show again?!

I recorded it on my digital radio to memory stick. I could write up a
transcript...is that legal?

> Chris Evans. I'm on the phone right now, waiting to go on ...
>
> On 08/03/07, Gary Kirk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Whoever he is, the presenter just said "Wikipedia next".
> >
> > On 08/03/07, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Apparently I'll be talking to someone-or-other around 5:25pm. I think
> > > it's live, not recorded.
> > >

> > > - d.

> > Gary Kirk

Gary Kirk

Re: Radio 2, this afternoon

Scott Keir

--- Gary Kirk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I recorded it on my digital radio to memory stick. I could write up a
> transcript...is that legal?

Strictly speaking, no. (IANAL, but I have paid/requested transcripts from
broadcasters before - and licence schemes like
http://www.era.org.uk/ERA_Licene.html exist. I'm fairly sure you're not even
allowed to record it, technically! But I won't tell anyone.)

But you could quote choice pieces, in a review of the show.

Re: Radio 2, this afternoon

David Gerard-2
On 08/03/07, Scott Keir <[hidden email]> wrote:
> --- Gary Kirk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > I recorded it on my digital radio to memory stick. I could write up a
> > transcript...is that legal?

> Strictly speaking, no. (IANAL, but I have paid/requested transcripts from
> broadcasters before - and licence schemes like
> http://www.era.org.uk/ERA_Licene.html exist. I'm fairly sure you're not even
> allowed to record it, technically! But I won't tell anyone.)
> But you could quote choice pieces, in a review of the show.

Strictly speaking it wouldn't be legal to send me a copy of the audio
either for me to put up somewhere, but I'd still like you to ;-)

- d.

Re: Radio 2, this afternoon

Gary Kirk

> On 08/03/07, Scott Keir <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > --- Gary Kirk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > I recorded it on my digital radio to memory stick. I could write up a
> > > transcript...is that legal?
>
> > Strictly speaking, no. (IANAL, but I have paid/requested transcripts from
> > broadcasters before - and licence schemes like
> > http://www.era.org.uk/ERA_Licene.html exist. I'm fairly sure you're not
> even
> > allowed to record it, technically! But I won't tell anyone.)
> > But you could quote choice pieces, in a review of the show.
>

> Strictly speaking it wouldn't be legal to send me a copy of the audio
> either for me to put up somewhere, but I'd still like you to ;-)
>

> - d.

I think there's a 'listen again' feature on the BBC web site, up to 7
days from broadcast.
I recorded it to SD card and as I haven't got a computer it would be
kinda difficult but I'll see. As I say, using Listen Again would
probably be easiest.
--
Gary Kirk