Rahul Dravid

Srikeit
Hi

Now that Dravid has retired, we will be seeing a spike in editing of the articles. A lot of this may be highly emotional and the article may take a severe POV battering.

I suppose POV monitoring and intervention would be more required on the Indic language Wikis where there may be fewer editing eyeballs.

Request everyone to watchlist Rahul Dravid's article on all Indic language wikis.

Regards
--
Srikeit

Re: Rahul Dravid

wheredevelsdare
His retirement has apparently taken cricinfo down. Just before you sent this email, I was cleaning up the retirement section of the article :)

Re: Rahul Dravid

Subhashish Panigrahi-3
And there would be many newbies who we can reach as well :)
@ Pranav and Srikeit and anyone who are monitoring the edits, please make sure you write to them and provide some support.

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 2:32 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
His retirement has apparently taken cricinfo down. Just before you sent this email, I was cleaning up the retirement section of the article :)

Re: Rahul Dravid

Srikeit
@Subhashish I agree.

Personally, I'm trying to get people to upload more pictures of Dravid to commons. The current infobox pic of Dravid is quite inadequate :/

From: [hidden email]
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 14:29:32 +0530
To: [hidden email]

Hi

Now that Dravid has retired, we will be seeing a spike in editing of the articles. A lot of this may be highly emotional and the article may take a severe POV battering.

I suppose POV monitoring and intervention would be more required on the Indic language Wikis where there may be fewer editing eyeballs.

Request everyone to watchlist Rahul Dravid's article on all Indic language wikis.

Regards
--
Srikeit

Subha

Srikanth Ramakrishnan.
And upon entry to Bangalore, the Airavat Volvo from Coimbatore was placed first, Chennai Club Class second, Chennai third, and Madurai last.

Re: Rahul Dravid

Amir E. Aharoni
Don't miss the opportunity for improving an article about Rahul Dravid
in Indic languages!

It's good to see that there are articles in several Indic languages
already, but only the one in Hindi looks complete. In other languages
they are mid-length to short.

What you can do:
* Share a link to the Wikipedia article *in an Indic language* in
Facebook / Twitter / identi.ca / Google+.
* Ask your friends who are good with sports and who know an Indic
language to improve the article.
* Improve the article in the Indic language yourself. It's time
consuming, but very satisfying and hugely helpful to millions of
people.
* If an article in your language doesn't exist, create it! (speakers
of Oriya ଓଡ଼ିଆ / Assamese অসমীয়া  / Punjabi ਪੰਜਾਬੀ / Gujarati ગુજરાતી
- i'm talking to you!)

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬

2012/3/9 Srikeit <[hidden email]>:

> Hi
>
> Now that Dravid has retired, we will be seeing a spike in editing of the
> articles. A lot of this may be highly emotional and the article may take a
> severe POV battering.
>
> I suppose POV monitoring and intervention would be more required on the
> Indic language Wikis where there may be fewer editing eyeballs.
>
> Request everyone to watchlist Rahul Dravid's article on all Indic language
> wikis.
>
> Regards
> --
> Srikeit

Re: Rahul Dravid

wheredevelsdare
@ Srikeit, thats stands true for the majority of WP:Cricket articles. Iv been scavenging for pics on flickr etc for some time now.

Re: Rahul Dravid

Srikanth Ramakrishnan-2
Agree with Amri.
This is the perfect time to create a new article.

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Amir E. Aharoni <[hidden email]> wrote:
Don't miss the opportunity for improving an article about Rahul Dravid
in Indic languages!

It's good to see that there are articles in several Indic languages
already, but only the one in Hindi looks complete. In other languages
they are mid-length to short.

What you can do:
* Share a link to the Wikipedia article *in an Indic language* in
Facebook / Twitter / identi.ca / Google+.
* Ask your friends who are good with sports and who know an Indic
language to improve the article.
* Improve the article in the Indic language yourself. It's time
consuming, but very satisfying and hugely helpful to millions of
people.
* If an article in your language doesn't exist, create it! (speakers
of Oriya ଓଡ଼ିଆ / Assamese অসমীয়া  / Punjabi ਪੰਜਾਬੀ / Gujarati ગુજરાતી
- i'm talking to you!)

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬

2012/3/9 Srikeit <[hidden email]>:
> Hi
>
> Now that Dravid has retired, we will be seeing a spike in editing of the
> articles. A lot of this may be highly emotional and the article may take a
> severe POV battering.
>
> I suppose POV monitoring and intervention would be more required on the
> Indic language Wikis where there may be fewer editing eyeballs.
>
> Request everyone to watchlist Rahul Dravid's article on all Indic language
> wikis.
>
> Regards
> --
> Srikeit

Srikanth Ramakrishnan.
Today, Chennai is called the Detroit of India, and Coimbatore, the Manchester of India.
There will be a day, when Detroit will be referred to as the Chennai of the USA and Manchester as the Coimbatore of the UK.

Re: Rahul Dravid

Amir E. Aharoni
If it's just about English, then it's true, but such topics can
actually be useful for many languages of India, as i wrote earlier.

Articles about notable personalities and news events are a very good
opportunity for editor recruitment and raising awareness about the
fact that Wikipedia exists not only in English.

2012/3/9 Ramesh N G <[hidden email]>:

> My suggestion is that article related subjects should be discussed in the
> language list. We have en lang mail list also..
>
> User:rameshng
>
> On Mar 9, 2012 2:30 PM, "Srikeit" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Now that Dravid has retired, we will be seeing a spike in editing of the
>> articles. A lot of this may be highly emotional and the article may take a
>> severe POV battering.
>>
>> I suppose POV monitoring and intervention would be more required on the
>> Indic language Wikis where there may be fewer editing eyeballs.
>>
>> Request everyone to watchlist Rahul Dravid's article on all Indic language
>> wikis.
>>
>> Regards
>> --
>> Srikeit

Re: Rahul Dravid

wheredevelsdare
Not only is this relevant to indic languages as well, the image discussion is related to Commons.

Kindly read the content of emails before commenting.

Re: Rahul Dravid

Srikanth Lakshmanan

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 15:55, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Not only is this relevant to indic languages as well, the image discussion is related to Commons.

That is still about "content". IIRC we don't discuss about content(even if its related to Indic / commons) here unless its important from community perspective (WifiOne etc). Peace.

--
Regards
Srikanth.L

Re: Rahul Dravid

Srikanth Ramakrishnan-2
An individual mail to each community, then?
As I said, a mail to the English community types?

However, judging by that, you should do something about the fact that there are plenty of mails related ONLY to English that do the rounds of the list on a frequent basis.

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Srikanth Lakshmanan <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 15:55, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Not only is this relevant to indic languages as well, the image discussion is related to Commons.

That is still about "content". IIRC we don't discuss about content(even if its related to Indic / commons) here unless its important from community perspective (WifiOne etc). Peace.

--
Regards
Srikanth.L

Srikanth Ramakrishnan.
Salem, whether in India or the USA, is called Salem only.