Re: Allow multiple entries for one topic

Re: Allow multiple entries for one topic

Tomer Chachamu
On 05/01/06, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 1/5/06, Alphax (Wikipedia email) <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Fred Bauder wrote:
> > > This is an excellent idea. Rather than try to cram all points of view
> > > into one article, how about loosening up and allowing several  articles
> > > with differing points of view or level of detail?
> > >
> > > This idea has been discussed before, but is worth another look.
> > >

> > Fred, you can keep SPOV on Wikinfo; Wikipedia is and always will be
> > NPOV. The "multiple levels of detail" is already covered by subarticles
> > (eg. Geography of Australia).
>
> Having multiple articles on one topic from different points of view is
> certainly a bad idea, but having multiple articles (if people can
> bother to maintain them) need not be. The objective of an article is
> to explain a given topic, and a single monolithic explanation might
> not suit everybody, for instance if you're familiar with the field
> you'd like a more technical explanation and if you aren't something
> that eases you into the topic is more appropriate.

To give some examples,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-theory
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NP-complete

Re: Allow multiple entries for one topic

Fred Bauder
Excellent examples. Here's another:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticisms_of_communism

Fred

On Jan 6, 2006, at 7:48 AM, Tomer Chachamu wrote:

> To give some examples,
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-theory
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NP-complete

Re: Allow multiple entries for one topic

Paweł Dembowski
Fred Bauder napisału:

>> To give some examples,
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-theory
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NP-complete

> Excellent examples. Here's another:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticisms_of_communism
> Fred

Of the three articles, only one is an article variant. The other two
are actually subarticles. Article about criticisms of communism is one
thing, a critical article about communism is another.

--
Ausir
Wikipedia, wolna encyklopedia

Re: Allow multiple entries for one topic

Fred Bauder
That's true and the article Criticisms of communism would not be
acceptable on Wikinfo as it is NPOV. We might keep it but it would be
entitled Criticisms of communism according to Wikipedia.

Fred