Re: Bristol crane

Deryck Chan
At the AGM on Saturday someone (William?) told me the crane in the picture (attached) is the only remaining one of its kind. What's it called again, and has it got an article?

Deryck

(Moderators: please let this through, it's impossible to get a picture of a crane beneath 40kB! I've tried my best to bring it down from 3MB to 60kB.)

CIMG2951-scaled.JPG (78K) Download Attachment

Re: Bristol crane

Steve Virgin

It might be William Avery?

He’ll be best found as a contributor to the Bristol Project

At the AGM on Saturday someone (William?) told me the crane in the picture (attached) is the only remaining one of its kind. What's it called again, and has it got an article?

Deryck

(Moderators: please let this through, it's impossible to get a picture of a crane beneath 40kB! I've tried my best to bring it down from 3MB to 60kB.)

Re: Bristol crane

Andrew Gray-3
On 19 April 2011 14:25, Deryck Chan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> At the AGM on Saturday someone (William?) told me the crane in the picture
> (attached) is the only remaining one of its kind. What's it called again,
> and has it got an article?

A Fairbairn crane, apparently -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairbairn_steam_crane

--