Le jeu. 14 mars 2019 13:39, Josephine Lim via Commons-l <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Version 2.10 of the Commons Android app has just been released to production on the Google Play Store (also downloadable on F-Droid). The update contains:
- Users can search for (and upload pictures for) places that need pictures in any location, not just their current location
- Current ongoing campaigns, if any, are displayed on the main screen
- "Retry" button to easily re-upload failed uploads
- Optimized Nearby map loading time
- Fixed various bugs and crashes, including errors with "image taken" date
We're excited to announce that we've also had our recent Project Grant proposal approved. :) This means there will be lots of improvements coming up in 2019, with focus on improving stability and the upload experience for users.
Our first priority will be rewriting the legacy backend code to adhere to modern standards and reduce complexity (especially the network layer, which currently uses a deprecated API). This is aimed at resolving a few major lingering bugs (especially upload failures for a few users), as well as creating a solid technical foundation to base future improvements on. Several new features are slated for release after that, including filters and bookmarks for the "Nearby places that needs pictures" feature, a pause and resume function for uploads, and a "limited connection" mode.
Thank you so much to everyone who has supported us thus far, especially in the last rocky year! :) At the conclusion of this grant, we hope to deliver a much better app to you.