Re: Create zh.wikinews.org

Angela-5
The Chinese Wikinews is now available at http://zh.wikinews.org/
thanks to Brion.

A number of pages are available at
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/New_language_pre-launch#Chinese.28.E4.B8.AD.E6.96.87.29>,
some of which might need to be copied over to the new site.

Good luck to all involved with this new project.

Angela.

Re: [??] Re: [Wikinews-l] [??] Re: Create zh.wikinews.org

R.O.C
thank you, brion. there are two more issues on zh.wikinews.org:

1) the zh.wikinews logo on upper left corner is missing. there are several candidates for this logo on http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikinews/Vote/Zh, but i am not clear if there is a decision from the chinese wikinews community. (i personally prefer http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Wikinews_zh_1.png )

2) problems about the interwiki and interlanguage links in zh.wikinews:
2.1) interlanguage links direct to languages on wikipedia instead of wikinews. for example: [[en:Main Page]] directs to the main page on en.wikipedia instead of en.wikinews;
2.2) [[w:中文維基百科]] (chinese version of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Wikipedia) directs to an article named "w:中文維基百科" on zh.wikinews, though [[wikipedia:中文維基百科]] directs to wikipedia;
2.3) however, [[wikipedia:中文維基百科]] directs to en.wikipedia instead of zh.wikipedia, (at this moment [[wikipedia:zh:中文維基百科]] must be used).

--
[[user: R.O.C|roc]]

2006/3/14, Brion Vibber <[hidden email]>:
clino wrote:
> I can visit the site:
> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikinews/en/wiki/
> but why I Can not visit the site of:
> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikinews/zh/wiki/

Fixed; I made a minor mistake in one of the configuration synchronization
scripts and the updated list of databases didn't go to the server that runs the
SSL interface.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: [Wikinews-l] [??] Re: [??] Re: Create zh.wikinews.org

R.O.C
thank you, amgine, i'm sorry. it seems that both the mailling list and the bug report system would work more effciently if i use that report system. i'll contact you shortly on meta for help.

roc (User:R.O.C)

在 2006/3/15,[hidden email] <[hidden email]> 撰寫:
R.O.C.

It may be easier for the developers if we write bugzilla reports about
issues for zh.wikinews. If you contact me on my meta account
(http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Amgine ) I can help you with
getting reports for the developers. These reports allow the developers to
organize their tasks, and helps remind them which things need doing and
how long they've been waiting to be done.

Amgine

> thank you, brion. there are two more issues on zh.wikinews.org:
>
> 1) the zh.wikinews logo on upper left corner is missing. there are several
> candidates for this logo on
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikinews/Vote/Zh,
> but i am not clear if there is a decision from the chinese wikinews
> community. (i personally prefer
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Wikinews_zh_1.png)
>
> 2) problems about the interwiki and interlanguage links in zh.wikinews:
> 2.1) interlanguage links direct to languages on wikipedia instead of
> wikinews. for example: [[en:Main Page]] directs to the main page on
> en.wikipedia instead of en.wikinews;
> 2.2 ) [[w:中文維基百科]] (chinese version of
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Wikipedia) directs to an article
> named
> "w:中文維基百科" on zh.wikinews , though
> [[wikipedia:中文維基百科]] directs to wikipedia;
>
> 2.3) however, [[wikipedia:中文維基百科]] directs to en.wikipedia
> instead of
> zh.wikipedia, (at this moment [[wikipedia:zh:中文維基百科]] must be
> used).
>
> --
> [[user:R.O.C|roc]]

R.

Fwd: [??] Re: [??] Re: [Wikinews-l] [??] Re: [??] Re: Create zh.wikinews.org

R.O.C
我十分認同fdcn的建議。直到今天才注意看了一下 http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org ,不過仍然覺得很複雜(儘管花時間學學應該會學會),而且用英文報告對很多中文用戶的確是障礙。

下面是fdcn的原文:

>我有个政策提议,应当在中文维基的各个项目里增加一 错误与建议页,维基人可以就此提出他们在编辑中遇见的Bug和希望达成的功能,最后由专门管理员判断后以适当文字(英?)提交维基的报告系统。我想这样能增加除错及收集建议的广度。至少很多人不知道维基那个报告系统的,也不知如何提交,在互助客栈的提议总被忽略。
>
>to R.O.C:
>呵呵,我没有考证那段文字的来源,照我的意思,维基既然已支持这种简写,就不应做以后不支持的打算,否则到时对大量已有链接是个灾难。

roc (User:R.O.C)
--

(<a href="http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Amgine" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)"> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Amgine ) I can help you with
getting reports for the developers. These reports allow the developers to
organize their tasks, and helps remind them which things need doing and
how long they've been waiting to be done.

Amgine

> thank you, brion. there are two more issues on <a href="http://zh.wikinews.org" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)"> zh.wikinews.org:
>
> 1) the zh.wikinews logo on upper left corner is missing. there are several
> candidates for this logo on
> but i am not clear if there is a decision from the chinese wikinews
> community. (i personally prefer
>
> 2) problems about the interwiki and interlanguage links in zh.wikinews:
> 2.1) interlanguage links direct to languages on wikipedia instead of
> wikinews. for example: [[en:Main Page]] directs to the main page on
> en.wikipedia instead of en.wikinews;
> 2.2 ) [[w:中文維基百科]] (chinese version of
> named
> "w:中文維基百科" on zh.wikinews , though
> [[wikipedia:中文維基百科]] directs to wikipedia;
>
> 2.3) however, [[wikipedia:中文維基百科]] directs to en.wikipedia
> instead of
> zh.wikipedia, (at this moment [[wikipedia:zh:中文維基百科]] must be
> used).
>
> --
> [[user:R.O.C|roc]]

R.

維 基 百 科 群 組 瀏 覽 訂 閱:
通 過 郵 件 發 言:
[hidden email]

維基百科 - 人人可編輯的自由百科

Fwd: Re: Create zh.wikinews.org

Moses-5

 clino wrote:
> I can visit the site:
> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikinews/en/wiki/
> but why I Can not visit the site of:
> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikinews/zh/wiki/

Fixed; I made a minor mistake in one of the configuration synchronization
scripts and the updated list of databases didn't go to the server that runs the
SSL interface.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

 維 基 百 科 群 組 瀏 覽 訂 閱:
 http://groups.google.com/group/zh_wikipedia
 http://groups.google.com/group/zh_wikipedia/subscribe
 通 過 郵 件 發 言:
 [hidden email]

維基百科 - 人人可編輯的自由百科

Re: [Wikinews-l] [??] Re: [??] Re: Create zh.wikinews.org

R.O.C
thanks a lot! brion.

the interwiki links all work now. a voting on wikinews logo is ongoing at http://zh.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:%E8%8C%B6%E9%A6%86 .

roc

2006/3/15, Brion Vibber <[hidden email]>:
R.O.C wrote:
> 1) the zh.wikinews logo on upper left corner is missing. there are
> several candidates for this logo on
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikinews/Vote/Zh , but i am not clear if
> there is a decision from the chinese wikinews community. (i personally
> prefer http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Wikinews_zh_1.png
> <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Wikinews_zh_1.png>)

If we could get a clear one chosen that would be great...

> 2) problems about the interwiki and interlanguage links in zh.wikinews:

This should be all fixed now; use ?action=purge on existing pages before
reporting problems in case they're still cached.