Re: Establishment Day of Wikimedia CH (and some more summarys)

Re: Establishment Day of Wikimedia CH (and some more summarys)

Michael Bimmler
As you yourself disabled mail delivery in your personal wikimediach-l
options page (at least, the system says this), you might have missed a
whole bunch of threads.
It is quite clear, that we will first found Wikimedia CH and then
there will be Wikipedia Day. This has already been decided *on this
mailinglist*. The foundation will be a quite formal thing, which will
not be actively advertised. Then, after some planning, we will have
Wikipedia Day (with a lot of PR) somewhen in late summer/autumn (this
is subject of discussion *on this mailinglist*). I'm not quite sure,
what you mean with "logical activities", do you maybe mean "logistic"?
For the establishment day no date can be fixed yet, as we neither
know, when bylaws are translated (Manuel?) nor how long the board
needs for checking the bylaws (Delphine?Angela?Anthere?). By the way:
We have already a society (if you say it in the meaning of community).
The community is here, on this list. It will hopefully get new members
during Wikipedia Day (where we'll certainly also present Wikimedia CH
to the public). May might be okay, but see above.
Regards
Michael
2006/1/15, Urs Wäfler <[hidden email]>:

> Hello
>
> I am not quite sure if Wikipedia Day is a synonym for establishment day of Wikimedia CH. I would rather say, first of all we should establish Wikimedia CH.
>
> We have to do logical activities.
>
> Maybe I missed a thread, but at the moment it seems to me as we would like to do just a Wikipedia Day in august. I did not find an establishment day of Wikimedia CH yet.
>
> First of all we need a society. Then we can show, what this society does. This would be the Wikipedia Day in august.
>
> I recommend to establish Wikimedia CH in may. May is the end of spring, everybody is going to marry in may. Then in august we throw the party - it will be the Wikipedia Day in august. It may be a kind of birthday party.
>
> Urs

An eternity is very, very long, especially towards the end

Re: Establishment Day of Wikimedia CH (and some more summarys)

Ilario Valdelli
I hope that the foundation will be estabilished as soon as possible. I
am thinking to organize a meeting for italian Wikipedia in Lugano (I
think for May).

It could be a good event to check if some other "Tessiner" would like
to be part of Wikimedia CH, but this purpose has a good sense if
Wikimedia CH is "up and running" for this month.

I know that Anthere and Delphine are members of this mailing list,
they could send us an idea. I know also that if the english
translation is not finished yet, it is complicated to have the bylaw's
check.

Regards

ilario