Re: [Foundation-l] 1 M dollars on Wikipedia Day (Fundraising... over)

Re: [Foundation-l] 1 M dollars on Wikipedia Day (Fundraising... over)

KIZU Naoko
Hello translators,

Anthere wrote to the foundation-l,

On 1/16/07, Anthere <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> So, in a very official fashion, let me announce that the fundrive is over.
>
> The last day of our Fundraising was planned to be on Wikipedia Day (1).
> Which was yesterday. Wikipedia is now starting its 7 year of existence.

Fundraising is over now. Now the time of expressing gratitude has come
instead of plea and begging. For now a small modification will be okay
... in the first line

previous: You can give the gift of knowledge by donating to the
Wikimedia Foundation!
now: [[Wikimedia:Wikimedia thanks all contributors|Thank you]] to all
those who donated from the [[Wikimedia thanks all
contributors|Wikimedia Foundation]]!

Thank you for your cooperations,
--
KIZU Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org

Re: [Foundation-l] 1 M dollars on Wikipedia Day (Fundraising... over)

Guillaume Paumier

On 1/16/07, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:

now: [[Wikimedia:Wikimedia thanks all contributors|Thank you]] to all
those who donated from the [[Wikimedia thanks all
contributors|Wikimedia Foundation]]!

Actually it's:

[[Wikimedia:Wikimedia thanks all contributors|Thank you]] to all
those who donated from the [[wikimedia:Wikimedia thanks all
contributors|Wikimedia Foundation]]

a lil' typo in the second link :)

--
Guillaume Paumier
[[m:User:guillom]]

Re: [Foundation-l] 1 M dollars on Wikipedia Day (Fundraising... over)

Any File
On 1/16/07, Guillaume Paumier <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Actually it's:
>
> [[Wikimedia:Wikimedia thanks all contributors|Thank you]] to all
> those who donated from the [[wikimedia:Wikimedia thanks all
> contributors|Wikimedia Foundation]]

I feel a little confused here, but shouldn't it be
[...] who donated *to* the [...]
?

AnyFile

Re: [Foundation-l] 1 M dollars on Wikipedia Day (Fundraising... over)

Any File

> [[Wikimedia:Wikimedia thanks all contributors|Thank you]] to all
> those who donated from the [[wikimedia:Wikimedia thanks all
> contributors|Wikimedia Foundation]]

and shouldn'tthe second link point to the wikimedia Foundation instead
to the Wikimedia:Wikimedia thanks all contributors ?

and we need a translation of the page
Wikimedia:Wikimedia thanks all contributors
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia_thanks_all_contributors

AnyFile

Re: [Foundation-l] 1 M dollars on Wikipedia Day (Fundraising... over)

Julien F.
The thank you is *from* the WMF for those who donated
*to* the WMF.

Tricky heh! ;)
Julien.

On 1/16/07, Any File <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > [[Wikimedia:Wikimedia thanks all contributors|Thank you]] to all
> > those who donated from the [[wikimedia:Wikimedia thanks all
> > contributors|Wikimedia Foundation]]
>
> and shouldn'tthe second link point to the wikimedia Foundation instead
> to the Wikimedia:Wikimedia thanks all contributors ?

I modified the message so for Japanese version. The first to the Thank
you note,  the second to the equivalent of [[Wikimedia:Home]]. I think
however we needn't to be worried about that so much at this moment,
since it would be possible much more drastically renewed one comes
soon.

We can expect Fundcom has us known what kind of message comes there.

> and we need a translation of the page
> Wikimedia:Wikimedia thanks all contributors
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia_thanks_all_contributors

Agreed. For this purpose I would like to know if the current version
is ready to translate and expect Fundcom folks let us know that.

On 1/16/07, Julien F. <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The thank you is *from* the WMF for those who donated
> *to* the WMF.
>
> Tricky heh! ;)

Heh. Yes tricky ... perhaps Brion (he made it) didn't want to place
two links too much nearer ... [[xx|WMF]] [[xxx|thanks]] blah blah
blah. I agree the current placement is well-balanced. And "Thank you
to the Foundation" is doublly wrong since 1) it is recursive and make
no sense here and 2) even if so, it would be better replaced with
"for" ..

On the other hand, it could be confused specially non-native Speakers.
If your language syntax allows, you can freely translate it. In the
Japanese version (SOV), we can say "Wikimedia / all of you..../
thanks"  so we neatly avoided "from/to" problem ;p