Re: Hacking Days planning? About the fee...

Re: Hacking Days planning? About the fee...

Tian-Jian "Barabbas" Jiang@Gmail
Dear all,

If you had attended to past Hacking Days, especially the private one for MediaWiki core developers, could you please tell me that did they charge for any fee or not? Thank you!

    Best Regards,
Mike

Advisory board meeting

Florence Devouard-2
Hello,

The board intends to set up a retreat time just prior to Wikimania, for
roughly 2 days. This meeting will be particularly focusing on WMF
advisory board (http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Advisory_Board).

For now, I have no idea how many advisors were willing to join, and my
first suggestion on our mailing list did not bring much feedback. I
would like that this be discussed on a wiki page, where people can also
simply add their name.

It would have made sense to add this page to Wikimania site, but it
seems identification is mandatory (and not all advisors are so familiar
with the process).

Question: where would you recommand or prefer that I set up such a page
? Wikimania (with identification), meta ? elsewhere ? Another idea ?

ant

Re: Advisory board meeting

Titan Deng
Dear Florence,

I think it is OK to set up this wiki page on the Wikimania website, as there are more information about traveling to Taiwan in it. It will be more convenient for the organizing team members to get things under control. (knowing how many people will come, what kind of facilities will the meeting use, etc)

Cheers,

THD

2007/3/22, Florence Devouard <[hidden email]>:
[...]

Angela Beesley
I think meta would be easiest.

I don't think Jimmy and Michael are available 2 days before Wikimania.
There is a Wikia board meeting on July 31. Even assuming that finished
by noon and they got on a plane immediately, they wouldn't be in
Taipei until late afternoon on August 1st.

Are there also meetings planned for after Wikimania?

Angela

Re: Advisory board meeting

Florence Devouard-2
Angela Beesley wrote:

> I think meta would be easiest.
>
> I don't think Jimmy and Michael are available 2 days before Wikimania.
> There is a Wikia board meeting on July 31. Even assuming that finished
> by noon and they got on a plane immediately, they wouldn't be in
> Taipei until late afternoon on August 1st.
>
> Are there also meetings planned for after Wikimania?
>
> Angela

Jimbo himself told me he would be available just before... but not
available after... he probably forgot he could not instantly transport
himself...
I take it you would not be available either then...

I gave up the idea of having in the same week board meeting and retreat.
Too complicated. I will only go by board retreat, as we may have some of
the advisors interested in coming to Wikimania. If so, we should take
the chance...

Let me do a complete check again with them all. From Wikimania
perspective, what is best ? before or after ?

/me getting very annoyed at everyone being constantly busy

ant