Re: History of discussion pages and Movies of History

Re: History of discussion pages and Movies of History

Rut-3
Thanks everyone. It is pretty simple afterall (and a great feature that you can see the history of the tab being viewed), oh, How I wish I had one of you nearby to ask in person!

I've emailed Jon Udell to ask how he did this: http://weblog.infoworld.com/udell/gems/umlaut.html - but haven't got a reply.

I'm not very techy oriented and I am sort of alone in these studies up here in copenhagen, so, maybe someone knows how to do an equivalent thing (or point me for the start) - how to record frame after frame from history (now I know what pages to look for - but how to make it movie'ish?!). The idea is that, although History Flow can well show the changes, it is difficult to get a good grip - looking first at a movie would/could give a lot of insight. Also, for public presentations - would be nice to have some easy movies to show what is happening.

Thanks!
Best,
Rut

On 3/30/07, Gregory Maxwell <[hidden email]> wrote:
The data for all the non-deleted talk page revisions can be found in
the all namespaces history dump on download.wikimedia.org.

On 3/30/07, Rut <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> some curiosity brought me this question: is it possible to see/access/get
> the history of the discussion pages?
>
> thanks!
> rut

Re: History of discussion pages and Movies of History

Ward Cunningham
Jon used screencasting software to make that movie. First he made a screencast flipping through each version, in order. Then he made a screencast of PLAYING BACK the first screencast both forwards and backwards. Clever guy, that Jon.

Best regards. -- Ward