Re: How to dump databases from mysql to, public_html

Re: How to dump databases from mysql to, public_html

Kolossos-2
Hello,
try "/home/fuzkabir/public_html" instead of
"/$home/fuzkabir/public_html" .

What works for me is:
mysqldump u_kolossos_databaseX tableXXX > XXX.sql

Greetings Kolossos

>> mysqldump u- username -p password `u_fuzkabir`.`university` >  /$home/fuzkabir/public_html;

Re: How to dump databases from mysql to, public_html

Platonides
Tim Alder wrote:

> Hello,
> try "/home/fuzkabir/public_html" instead of
> "/$home/fuzkabir/public_html" .
>
> What works for me is:
> mysqldump u_kolossos_databaseX tableXXX > XXX.sql
>
> Greetings Kolossos
>
>>> mysqldump u- username -p password `u_fuzkabir`.`university` >  /$home/fuzkabir/public_html;

and those ` would be interpreted by the shell.

Try mysqldump -u username -p password '`u_fuzkabir`.`university`' >
/$HOME/public_html/university.sql

Re: How to dump databases from mysql to, public_html

Jeff Ferland
Skip the username and password part too. On the toolserver, mysqldump
should be pulling your username & password from the config file.
Specify the host (as by default, it won't connect to the local machine
which is running no db). The standard format is listing the database
as an argument, then all tables as following arguments.

$ mysqldump -h sql u_fuzkabir university > ~/public_html/university.sql

That was verified with my own table / db names.

-Jeff

On Oct 4, 2009, at 1:57 PM, Platonides wrote:

> Tim Alder wrote:
>> Hello,
>> try "/home/fuzkabir/public_html" instead of
>> "/$home/fuzkabir/public_html" .
>>
>> What works for me is:
>> mysqldump u_kolossos_databaseX tableXXX > XXX.sql
>>
>> Greetings Kolossos

> and those ` would be interpreted by the shell.
>
> Try mysqldump -u username -p password '`u_fuzkabir`.`university`' >
> /$HOME/public_html/university.sql

Re: How to dump databases from mysql to, public_html

Fuz Kabir
Thanks, it works!
But I have been failure dumping csv / tab delimited file
using
$ mysqldump -T ~/public_html u_fuzkabir University;
results

mysqldump: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user 'fuzkabir'@'%.toolserver.org'(using password: YES) when executing 'SELECT INTO OUTFILE'

previously i also tried using SELECT * from table INTO OUTFILE "path"
 both in phpmyadmin & mysql command prompt

another thing is while i export  csv from phpmyadmin the download limit to approx 11MB. may be for security reasons.

plz suggest me a solution.

Skip the username and password part too. On the toolserver, mysqldump
should be pulling your username & password from the config file.
Specify the host (as by default, it won't connect to the local machine
which is running no db). The standard format is listing the database
as an argument, then all tables as following arguments.

$ mysqldump -h sql u_fuzkabir university > ~/public_html/university.sql

That was verified with my own table / db names.

-Jeff

On Oct 4, 2009, at 1:57 PM, Platonides wrote:

> Tim Alder wrote:
>> Hello,
>> try "/home/fuzkabir/public_html" instead of
>> "/$home/fuzkabir/public_html" .
>>
>> What works for me is:
>> mysqldump u_kolossos_databaseX tableXXX > XXX.sql
>>
>> Greetings Kolossos

> and those ` would be interpreted by the shell.
>
> Try mysqldump -u username -p password '`u_fuzkabir`.`university`' >
> /$HOME/public_html/university.sql

Re: How to dump databases from mysql to, public_html

Peter Körner-4
Fuz Kabir schrieb:
> Thanks, it works!
> But I have been failure dumping csv / tab delimited file
> using
> $ mysqldump -T ~/public_html u_fuzkabir University;
> results
You're missing the host-option -h again.

Peter

Re: How to dump databases from mysql to, public_html

Fuz Kabir
Yes, but before I tried
$ mysqldump -h sql  -T ~/public_html u_fuzkabir University;
same error

mysqldump: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user 'fuzkabir'@'%.toolserver.org' (using password: YES) when executing 'SELECT INTO OUTFILE'

> But I have been failure dumping csv / tab delimited file
> using
> $ mysqldump -T ~/public_html u_fuzkabir University;
> results
You're missing the host-option -h again.

Peter

Re: How to dump databases from mysql to, public_html

Jeff Ferland
The command is right, but you don't have SELECT INTO OUTFILE privileges on the server. Try this:

mysql -h sql u_fuzkabir -e 'select * from university' > outfile

-Jeff

On Oct 5, 2009, at 7:29 AM, Fuz Kabir wrote:

Yes, but before I tried
$ mysqldump -h sql  -T ~/public_html u_fuzkabir University;
same error

mysqldump: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user 'fuzkabir'@'%.toolserver.org' (using password: YES) when executing 'SELECT INTO OUTFILE'

> But I have been failure dumping csv / tab delimited file
> using
> $ mysqldump -T ~/public_html u_fuzkabir University;
> results
You're missing the host-option -h again.

Peter

Re: How to dump databases from mysql to, public_html

Fuz Kabir
Thanks a lot.
It's working!

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Re: How to dump databases from mysql to, public_html

Fuz Kabir
with
mysql -h sql u_fuzkabir -e 'select * from university' > outfile
The data file I received is ANSI not UTF -8.
Is there any way?
Thanks
> right, but you don't have SELECT INTO OUTFILE privileges
> on the server. Try this:
> mysql -h sql u_fuzkabir -e 'select * from
> university' > outfile
> -Jeff
> On Oct 5, 2009, at 7:29 AM, Fuz Kabir
> wrote:
> Yes, but before I tried
> $ mysqldump -h sql  -T ~/public_html u_fuzkabir
> University;
> same error
>
> mysqldump: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user
> 'fuzkabir'@'%.toolserver.org' (using
> password: YES) when executing 'SELECT INTO OUTFILE'
>

> --- On Mon, 10/5/09, Peter Körner <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> From: Peter Körner <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Toolserver-l] How to dump databases from
> mysql to, public_html
> To: [hidden email]
> Date: Monday, October 5, 2009, 10:55 AM
>
> Fuz Kabir schrieb:
> > Thanks, it works!
> > But I have been failure dumping csv / tab delimited
> file
> > using
> > $ mysqldump -T ~/public_html
>  u_fuzkabir University;
> > results
> You're missing the host-option -h again.
>
> Peter

Re: How to dump databases from mysql to, public_html

Jeff Ferland
Try

mysql --default-character-set=utf8 -h sql u_fuzkabir -e 'select * from university' > outfile

You can find that answer by googling "mysql utf-8".

-Jeff

On Oct 7, 2009, at 6:38 AM, Fuz Kabir wrote:

with
mysql -h sql u_fuzkabir -e 'select * from university' > outfile
The data file I received is ANSI not UTF -8.
Is there any way?
Thanks

Re: How to dump databases from mysql to, public_html

Peter Körner-4
> You can find that answer by googling "mysql utf-8".

Take a look on the manual:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysqldump.html

Peter