Re: New York Times article on WP v. EB

David Gerard-2
>George Johnson, "The Nitpicking of the Masses vs. the Authority of the
>Experts" ''New York Times'' (January 3, 2006).
>http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/03/science/03comm.html

That's the preview only. Whole article:

    http://www.mezomorf.com/technology/news-19255.html

- d.

Re: Re: New York Times article on WP v. EB

Ray Saintonge
David Gerard wrote:

>>George Johnson, "The Nitpicking of the Masses vs. the Authority of the
>>Experts" ''New York Times'' (January 3, 2006).
>>http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/03/science/03comm.html
>>

>That's the preview only. Whole article:
>
>    http://www.mezomorf.com/technology/news-19255.html

I liked the image of the "swarms of proofreading enzymes".

Even such an article in such an august publication does not escape from
typographical gremlins.  He states, "The name has appeared in history as
Crotona and, for that matter, Kroton (when it was part of Greece), but
Crotene is the modern name."  When did it change from Crotone to
Crotene?  Does beta-crotene really cure cancer in newspaper articles?

 From the nitpicking masses

Ec