Re: PluggableAuth and OAuth and login user experience

Re: PluggableAuth and OAuth and login user experience

cindy.cicalese
Hi, Scott.

Some background: by default, MediaWiki core enables two authentication
providers, LocalPasswordPrimaryAuthenticationProvider and
TemporaryPasswordPrimaryAuthenticationProvider. Setting
$wgPluggableAuth_EnableLocalLogin
to false removes those two authentication providers from the configuration.
Then, if the PluggableAuth authentication provider is the only one that
remains, the login page can be bypassed since no user input will be
required. However, if an authentication provider such as a password-based
authentication provider is enabled, the login page is necessary so that the
username and password or other user input can be entered.

Does the OAuth extension require
LocalPasswordPrimaryAuthenticationProvider? That would explain why it only
works if $wgPluggableAuth_EnableLocalLogin is set to true. As far as I
know, there is currently no way to specify authentication providers that
are only available through the user interface versus those that are only
available through the API.

Cindy

Hi,