Re : Re : Re : Re : Translating wikipedia articles using OmegaT - Q&A chat

Re : Re : Re : Re : Translating wikipedia articles using OmegaT - Q&A chat

louis bodo
Hello again, Sabine,
Thanks again for the explications.
I have now extracted the zip files, I looked at all the OmegaT files, browsed through the instruction manual.
I understand that extracting the spell and grammar checker in the target language would be highly adevisable (and I take it that these I'll find on my system disk.)
There are two things not yet clear (at the moment)
1. How do I start up OmegaT, and
2. How do I start, ie import a textfile (.doc file in MS word) into the OmegaT environment.
Kind regards,   Louis

Re: Re : Re : Re : Re : Translating wikipedia articles using OmegaT - Q&A chat

Sabine Cretella
Hi Louis,
> Thanks again for the explications.
> I have now extracted the zip files, I looked at all the OmegaT files,
> browsed through the instruction manual.
> I understand that extracting the spell and grammar checker in the
> target language would be highly adevisable (and I take it that these
> I'll find on my system disk.)
That is new to me .... there is no inbuilt Grammar and Spellchecker in
OmegaT 1.6RC10 - where did you find this?
> There are two things not yet clear (at the moment)
> 1. How do I start up OmegaT, and
In the directory where you find the unzipped files of OmegaT doubleclick
on omegat.bat - this launches the application. Then, as said before, you
can follow the instructions on
http://wordsandmore.org/index.php?title=Wordsandmore:Persian_wikipedia_contents_creation#OmegaT
> 2. How do I start, ie import a textfile (.doc file in MS word) into
> the OmegaT environment.
You can use html, xml, txt and OpenOffice.org files. If you don't have
OpenOffice.org save as .txt in utf-8 coding or html in utf-8 coding with
Word. Do you want to translate Wikipedia-articles?

Have to ask Kim at which stage he is with the wiki-read, wiki-write
feature for OmegaT.

Have a nice Sunday,

Sabine