Re : Re : Translating wikipedia articles using OmegaT - Q&A chat

Re : Re : Translating wikipedia articles using OmegaT - Q&A chat

louis bodo
Hello Sabine,
Thank you for the quick response. I now know what it is about and it will be a good idea to have it.
However I have two q immediately:
1. When I tried to download the file you gave for OmegaT+Java my software decided that such file type does not exist
2. When I tried to download the programme without Java I received a list of 'suppliers' of the programme in different languages (Hungarian excluded) and I don't know what to do with it ! I am in a cul de sac.
When I looked for Java on my computer, to my surprise I could not find it
Oh, one more q: do I just type the address of the chatline on my address line to get to it ?
Best wishes, kind regards, Louis

Re: Re : Re : Translating wikipedia articles using OmegaT - Q&A chat

Sabine Cretella
Hi Louis,
> Thank you for the quick response. I now know what it is about and it
> will be a good idea to have it.
> However I have two q immediately:
> 1. When I tried to download the file you gave for OmegaT+Java my
> software decided that such file type does not exist
That is strange ... well you can also download it from my server where I
have a copy of RC10 for Windows including Java.
http://wordsandmore.org/Downloads/omtrc10java.zip

> 2. When I tried to download the programme without Java I received
> a list of 'suppliers' of the programme in different languages
> (Hungarian excluded) and I don't know what to do with it ! I am in a
> cul de sac.
OmegaT does not install Java itself - only the bundel-version coms with
the bits and pieces of Java. By clicking on OmegaT.bat in the subfolder
you start the program without installing it on your computer: so no
entries in the registry and no problems when there is an update, since
you don't need to install it. OmegaT, as much as I remember, has no
localisation in Hungarian for now - so it would load with English as
default.
> When I looked for Java on my computer, to my surprise I could not find it
Well normally that should be installed separately if you use the version
without Java. You can get it from here:
http://java.com
(sorry for some reason I cannot force the website to show up in English
... my System is in German so I suppose it automatically reads that info).
> Oh, one more q: do I just type the address of the chatline on my
> address line to get to it ?
Well you need, for example Chatzilla installed if you use Firefox as
browser - or other chat software. If you don't want to install this you
can also go through various web interfaces:

    * http://www.bitshuffle.org/cgiirc/
    * http://java.freenode.net/index.php
    * http://brujula5.brujula.net/cgi-bin/cgi/irc.cgi

If you have problems in using these, please let me know which one you
are trying to use so I can help with descriptions.

Off to bed :-) Good night!

Sabine