Re: Some other subject entirely!

David Gerard-2
On 18/03/06, Rob Church <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Obviously I don't want to pry directly, but I would be interested in
> hearing what happened...

*whistles* ooh, look! It's ANOTHER TOPIC!

So. How about those launch ideas, eh? Eh?

- d. (and being forced to give up smoking isn't helping my mood any)

Re: Some other subject entirely!

Andrew Walker-3
Hi all,

Regarding those launch ideas. I think it's well worth working them up
on the meta wiki -
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Possible_projects_of_Wikimedia_UK has
not been touched since Christmas Day!

Also, if anybody is keen to champion any of the proposed projects feel
free to speak up.

Cheers,

Andrew

> On 18/03/06, Rob Church <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Obviously I don't want to pry directly, but I would be interested in
> > hearing what happened...
>

> *whistles* ooh, look! It's ANOTHER TOPIC!
>
> So. How about those launch ideas, eh? Eh?
>

> - d. (and being forced to give up smoking isn't helping my mood any)

Re: Some other subject entirely!

Cormac Lawler
On 3/18/06, Andrew Walker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Regarding those launch ideas. I think it's well worth working them up
> on the meta wiki -
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Possible_projects_of_Wikimedia_UK has
> not been touched since Christmas Day!
>
> Also, if anybody is keen to champion any of the proposed projects feel
> free to speak up.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andrew

Yes, just added my previous idea to the mailing list now - please continue..

> On 3/18/06, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 18/03/06, Rob Church <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Obviously I don't want to pry directly, but I would be interested in
> > > hearing what happened...
> >

> > *whistles* ooh, look! It's ANOTHER TOPIC!
> >
> > So. How about those launch ideas, eh? Eh?
> >

> > - d. (and being forced to give up smoking isn't helping my mood any)

Re: Some other subject entirely!

Chris McKenna
On Sat, 18 Mar 2006, David Gerard wrote:

> - d. (and being forced to give up smoking isn't helping my mood any)

I don't know how this is, but I heard today that the HSE have banned
smoking on the footplate of steam locos because of a possible risk of
fire.

Erm, excuse me, but I'd have though the sodding great fire powering the
loco - and the sparks out the chinmey from it - would be a slightly bigger
fire risk? Yes, you are standing right next to a large store of coal, but
I've never heard of a cigaratte igniting lumps of coal larger than your
fist!

--
Chris 'Awkward' McKenna

[hidden email]