Re: Supporting languages is supporting people [offtopic]]

Re: Supporting languages is supporting people [offtopic]]

Pedro Sanchez-2
On 10/31/07, Nikola Smolenski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As a mathematician, I believe you will appreciate the metaphor of quantum
> tunelling. The same way a particle can "tunnel" through an energy barrier it
> would otherwise not be able to go through, a project could pass a "knowledge
> barrier", if helped.

I'm a mathematician, but I couldn't appreciate your metaphor, is that
a physics thing?

Re: Supporting languages is supporting people [offtopic]]

Nikola Smolenski
On Wednesday 31 October 2007 18:04, Pedro Sanchez wrote:
> On 10/31/07, Nikola Smolenski <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > As a mathematician, I believe you will appreciate the metaphor of quantum
> > tunelling. The same way a particle can "tunnel" through an energy barrier
> > it would otherwise not be able to go through, a project could pass a
> > "knowledge barrier", if helped.
>
> I'm a mathematician, but I couldn't appreciate your metaphor, is that
> a physics thing?

Yes :) But, perhaps at a point where physics becomes more about mathematics
than about reality ;)