Re: That Was the WEEK That Was (was That was the year that was (was importDump.php problem))

Re: That Was the WEEK That Was (was That was the year that was (was importDump.php problem))

Jan Steinman
> From: James Mohr <[hidden email]>
>
> I'm sure we all agree that we ought to love one another, and I know
> there are
> people in the world who do not love their fellow human beings, and
> I hate
> people like that! (also Tom Lehrer)

Y'know, James -- we're really dating ourselves here... :-)

Here's another of my favorites... then I'll stop being off-topic... I
promise...

:::: "I make them go up, don't care where they come down.
:::: That's not my department," said Werner Von Braun -- Tom Leher
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/99AO31>

Re: That Was the WEEK That Was (was That was the year that was (was importDump.php problem))

wiki-5

On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 10:52:25PM -0700, Jan Steinman ([hidden email]) wrote:

> > From: James Mohr <[hidden email]>
> > I'm sure we all agree that we ought to love one another, and I know
> > there are
> > people in the world who do not love their fellow human beings, and
> > I hate
> > people like that! (also Tom Lehrer)
> Y'know, James -- we're really dating ourselves here... :-)
> Here's another of my favorites... then I'll stop being off-topic... I
> promise...
> :::: "I make them go up, don't care where they come down.
> :::: That's not my department," said Werner Von Braun -- Tom Leher
> :::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/99AO31>

I'd agree with y'all, but Rob banned my email address.

ROTFL.

So I can't send mail to the list any more.

Cuz Rob's so civil and wants us all to "Just get along".

I figured out my database problem without any help,
although I suspect Rob couldn't help me with Postgres
issues. Maybe that's why he banned my email address.

Anyway, I used wikipg-0.0.4 and all worked well. I
guess the mediawiki-1.7 really doesn't expect Postgres,
but only MySQL!? MW-1.7 acts as if it will use Postgres,
but then I get serious database errors.

Have a nice day!

-Kevin

Re: That Was the WEEK That Was (was That was the year that was (was importDump.php problem))

Rob Church
> I'd agree with y'all, but Rob banned my email address.

I did? Fuck me, I must be good...I believe you'll find you were
unsubscribed and banned by the list moderator, not me.

> ROTFL.
>
> So I can't send mail to the list any more.
>
> Cuz Rob's so civil and wants us all to "Just get along".

Sure I am. When faced with people being outright rude and irritating,
though...well, it gets annoying. You have to appreciate that there are
plenty of idiots out there, and we get our fair share on mediawiki-l.
Naturally, I shouldn't have assumed that you were being rude by
repeatedly posting the same message, but nobody's perfect.

> I figured out my database problem without any help,
> although I suspect Rob couldn't help me with Postgres
> issues. Maybe that's why he banned my email address.

Nope. Though for PostgreSQL & MediaWiki issues, I'd put forward Greg
as our resident expert on bashing MW & PG into behaving together.

> Anyway, I used wikipg-0.0.4 and all worked well. I
> guess the mediawiki-1.7 really doesn't expect Postgres,
> but only MySQL!? MW-1.7 acts as if it will use Postgres,
> but then I get serious database errors.

You got what you paid for.

Rob Church

OT That Was the WEEK That Was (was That was the year that was (was importDump.php problem))

James Mohr-3
The name of the TV program was "That Was the WEEK That Was", but the name of
the Tom Lehrer album was "That Was The YEAR That Was". As a kid, I had the
original on vinyl and now as a CD.

Gotta keep these important issues straight.

regards,

jimmo