Re: Translators-l Digest, Vol 29, Issue 14

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Translators-l Digest, Vol 29, Issue 14

Huji Lee
Well, I added the Persian translations (although I'm not sure how useful they will be in act). I'll complete them as soon as I can. If there are things I'm missing there, I'd be grateful to be notified.

Hojjat (aka Huji)

On 11/30/07, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Send Translators-l mailing list submissions to
        [hidden email]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
         http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
        [hidden email]

You can reach the person managing the list at
        [hidden email]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Translators-l digest..."


Today's Topics:

   1. Re: Commons Picture of the Year competition -     translation
      requests (Tom Ka Chun Chiu)
   2. Re: Commons Picture of the Year competition -     translation
      requests (Brianna Laugher)
   3. Re: Commons Picture of the Year competition -     translation
      requests (Tom Ka Chun Chiu)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 00:24:22 +0800
From: "Tom Ka Chun Chiu" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Translators-l] Commons Picture of the Year competition -
        translation requests
To: "Wikimedia Translators" <[hidden email]>
Message-ID:
        <[hidden email]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

You have got Chinese and Japanese swapped:
* ?? (Chinese)
* ??? (Japanese)

Tom

2007/11/29, Brianna Laugher <[hidden email]>:

>
> Hello,
>
> I'm writing to request help translating info for the Wikimedia Commons
> Picture of the Year competition for 2007.  We consider this
> competition is for the whole Wikimedia community so providing
> translations is important to us.
>
> Translation strings and info is all here:
>
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2007/Translations
>
> Round 1 starts on 10 January so we still have a few more weeks, but we
> don't want to leave everything to the last minute.
>
> German, French and Spanish are almost complete or complete. We
> especially want these languages:
>
> Polski
> Italiano
> ???     [Chinese]
> ???????
> ??              [Japanese]
> Svenska
> Portugu?s
> Norsk (bokm?l)
> Suomi
>
> Other languages besides these are ALSO WELCOME.
>
> For voting we are using custom software on the toolserver, you can

> test it out here:
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2007/Voting
>
> If there are any questions please just ask me.
>
> thanks,
> Brianna
> user:pfctdayelise
>
>
> --
> They've just been waiting in a mountain for the right moment:
> http://modernthings.org/
> _______________________________________________
> Translators-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
>



--
Best Regards
Tom Chiu
mailto:[hidden email]
http://www.mimosapudica.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/attachments/20071130/9d0ea046/attachment-0001.htm

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:10:04 +1100
From: "Brianna Laugher" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Translators-l] Commons Picture of the Year competition -
        translation requests
To: "Wikimedia Translators" <[hidden email]>
Message-ID:
        <[hidden email]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-2022-JP

On 30/11/2007, Tom Ka Chun Chiu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You have got Chinese and Japanese swapped:
> * ?? (Chinese)
> * ??? (Japanese)
>
> Tom

ARGH. That's what I get for using a computer that doesn't even render
CJK fonts, to annotate. :)

If I thought about it for > 2 seconds I would have realised they were
around the wrong way. D'oh.

thanks,
Brianna



--
They've just been waiting in a mountain for the right moment:
http://modernthings.org/



------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:25:34 +0800
From: "Tom Ka Chun Chiu" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Translators-l] Commons Picture of the Year competition -
        translation requests
To: "Wikimedia Translators" <[hidden email]>
Message-ID:
        <[hidden email]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5"

When editing multilingual text, I usually have SC Unipad prepared to view
the details of text that cannot be read.

2007/11/30, Brianna Laugher <[hidden email]>:
>
> On 30/11/2007, Tom Ka Chun Chiu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > You have got Chinese and Japanese swapped:
> > * ?? (Chinese)
> > * ??? (Japanese)

> >
> > Tom
>
> ARGH. That's what I get for using a computer that doesn't even render
> CJK fonts, to annotate. :)
>
> If I thought about it for > 2 seconds I would have realised they were
> around the wrong way. D'oh.
>
> thanks,
> Brianna
>
>
>
> --
> They've just been waiting in a mountain for the right moment:
> http://modernthings.org/
>
> _______________________________________________
> Translators-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
>



--
Best Regards
Tom Chiu
mailto:[hidden email]
http://www.mimosapudica.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/attachments/20071130/5531eddf/attachment-0001.htm

------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l


End of Translators-l Digest, Vol 29, Issue 14
*********************************************


_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l