Re: Translators-l Digest, Vol 32, Issue 1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Translators-l Digest, Vol 32, Issue 1

Huji Lee
I guess you forgot to add "Persian" to the completed ones! Anyways, it is done and in order for it to look better this change is needed:

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/MediaWiki_talk:Common.css

Huji

On Feb 2, 2008 3:30 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Send Translators-l mailing list submissions to
       [hidden email]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
       http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
       [hidden email]

You can reach the person managing the list at
       [hidden email]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Translators-l digest..."


Today's Topics:

  1. [[Wikimedia:Current staff]] need to update (Aphaia)
  2. Re: [[Wikimedia:Current staff]] need to update (HSin Sung Lee)
  3. Re: [[Wikimedia:Current staff]] need to update (Aphaia)
  4. Re: [[Wikimedia:Current staff]] need to update (HSin Sung Lee)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 03:55:49 +0900
From: Aphaia <[hidden email]>
Subject: [Translators-l] [[Wikimedia:Current staff]] need to update
To: "Wikimedia Translators" <[hidden email]>
Message-ID:
       <[hidden email]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Hi!
as announced, Wikimedia Foundation shut down its former office in
Florida on January 31 and some staff members left from the
organisation. Also announced several new people joined so
[[Wikimedia:Current staff]] is greatly updated. Also there is a new
organization chart which may improves readership. I thank Guillom for
these improvement.
<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Current_staff>

English, French and Russian pages are already updated.  Japanese
version update is now ongoing. We have several other versions and they
need your hands. These are:
Ar (Arabic): http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B7%D8%A7%D9%82%D9%85_%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%8A
El (Greek):
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/%CE%A0%CF%81%CE%BF%CF%83%CF%89%CF%80%CE%B9%CE%BA%CF%8C
Es (Spanish):
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Empleados_actuales
Fi (Finnish):
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Yll%C3%A4pidollinen_henkil%C3%B6kunta
Zh (Chinese):
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/%E7%8F%BE%E4%BB%BB%E8%81%B7%E5%93%A1

You are invited to improve those outdated version as well as start new
language versions. Drafting is recommended to do on meta
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF/Current_staff>.

Cheers,



--
KIZU Naoko
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)
Quote of the Day (English): http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/WQ:QOTD



------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 08:39:45 +0800
From: "HSin Sung Lee" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Translators-l] [[Wikimedia:Current staff]] need to
       update
To: "Wikimedia Translators" <[hidden email]>
Message-ID:
       <[hidden email]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

This page cannot be edited without a username and password.

" You can only login if an account has been created for you by the Board of
Wikimedia and you have cookies enabled. "


On Feb 2, 2008 2:55 AM, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
> as announced, Wikimedia Foundation shut down its former office in
> Florida on January 31 and some staff members left from the
> organisation. Also announced several new people joined so
> [[Wikimedia:Current staff]] is greatly updated. Also there is a new
> organization chart which may improves readership. I thank Guillom for
> these improvement.
> <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Current_staff>
>
> English, French and Russian pages are already updated.  Japanese
> version update is now ongoing. We have several other versions and they
> need your hands. These are:
> Ar (Arabic):
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B7%D8%A7%D9%82%D9%85_%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%8A
> El (Greek):
>
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/%CE%A0%CF%81%CE%BF%CF%83%CF%89%CF%80%CE%B9%CE%BA%CF%8C
> Es (Spanish):
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Empleados_actuales
> Fi (Finnish):
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Yll%C3%A4pidollinen_henkil%C3%B6kunta
> Zh (Chinese):
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/%E7%8F%BE%E4%BB%BB%E8%81%B7%E5%93%A1
>
> You are invited to improve those outdated version as well as start new
> language versions. Drafting is recommended to do on meta
> <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF/Current_staff>.
>
> Cheers,
>
>
>
> --
> KIZU Naoko
> http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)
> Quote of the Day (English): http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/WQ:QOTD
>
> _______________________________________________
> Translators-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/attachments/20080202/5dbe01b4/attachment-0001.htm

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 13:08:13 +0900
From: Aphaia <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Translators-l] [[Wikimedia:Current staff]] need to
       update
To: "Wikimedia Translators" <[hidden email]>
Message-ID:
       <[hidden email]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

On Feb 2, 2008 9:39 AM, HSin Sung Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This page cannot be edited without a username and password.
>
> " You can only login if an account has been created for you by the Board of
> Wikimedia and you have cookies enabled. "

No you cannot and Transcom has never encourage people to edit it directly.
Rather we are invited you to finish the version on meta, our backyard
and then to upload.
As I said,  you are invited to improve those outdated version as well
as start new
language versions. Drafting is recommended to do on meta
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF/Current_staff>.

For Chinese version, please start at:
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF/Current_staff/zh>.

Xiexie.
>  On Feb 2, 2008 2:55 AM, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi!
> > as announced, Wikimedia Foundation shut down its former office in
> > Florida on January 31 and some staff members left from the
> > organisation. Also announced several new people joined so
> > [[Wikimedia:Current staff]] is greatly updated. Also there is a new
> > organization chart which may improves readership. I thank Guillom for
> > these improvement.
> > <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Current_staff>
> >
> > English, French and Russian pages are already updated.  Japanese
> > version update is now ongoing. We have several other versions and they
> > need your hands. These are:
> > Ar (Arabic):
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B7%D8%A7%D9%82%D9%85_%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%8A
> > El (Greek):
> >
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/%CE%A0%CF%81%CE%BF%CF%83%CF%89%CF%80%CE%B9%CE%BA%CF%8C
> > Es (Spanish):
> > http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Empleados_actuales
> > Fi (Finnish):
> > http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Yll%C3%A4pidollinen_henkil%C3%B6kunta
> > Zh (Chinese):
> > http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/%E7%8F%BE%E4%BB%BB%E8%81%B7%E5%93%A1
> >
> > You are invited to improve those outdated version as well as start new
> > language versions. Drafting is recommended to do on meta
> > <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF/Current_staff>.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > KIZU Naoko
> > http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)
> > Quote of the Day (English): http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/WQ:QOTD
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Translators-l mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
> >
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Translators-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
>
>



--
KIZU Naoko
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)
Quote of the Day (English): http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/WQ:QOTD



------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 19:55:51 +0800
From: "HSin Sung Lee" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Translators-l] [[Wikimedia:Current staff]] need to
       update
To: "Wikimedia Translators" <[hidden email]>
Message-ID:
       <[hidden email]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Thanks for you reminding.
I didn't read last half of the letter last time.  :-(

Now I've translated it (except the organization chart)into Chinese now.
I've be very appriciate if some one can help edit the format .

Thanks,
Hsinsung Lee.


On Feb 2, 2008 12:08 PM, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2008 9:39 AM, HSin Sung Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > This page cannot be edited without a username and password.
> >
> > " You can only login if an account has been created for you by the Board
> of
> > Wikimedia and you have cookies enabled. "
>
> No you cannot and Transcom has never encourage people to edit it directly.
> Rather we are invited you to finish the version on meta, our backyard
> and then to upload.
> As I said,  you are invited to improve those outdated version as well
> as start new
> language versions. Drafting is recommended to do on meta
> <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF/Current_staff>.
>
> For Chinese version, please start at:
> <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF/Current_staff/zh
> >.
>
> Xiexie.
> >  On Feb 2, 2008 2:55 AM, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Hi!
> > > as announced, Wikimedia Foundation shut down its former office in
> > > Florida on January 31 and some staff members left from the
> > > organisation. Also announced several new people joined so
> > > [[Wikimedia:Current staff]] is greatly updated. Also there is a new
> > > organization chart which may improves readership. I thank Guillom for
> > > these improvement.
> > > <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Current_staff>
> > >
> > > English, French and Russian pages are already updated.  Japanese
> > > version update is now ongoing. We have several other versions and they
> > > need your hands. These are:
> > > Ar (Arabic):
> >
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B7%D8%A7%D9%82%D9%85_%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%8A
> > > El (Greek):
> > >
> >
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/%CE%A0%CF%81%CE%BF%CF%83%CF%89%CF%80%CE%B9%CE%BA%CF%8C
> > > Es (Spanish):
> > > http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Empleados_actuales
> > > Fi (Finnish):
> > >
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Yll%C3%A4pidollinen_henkil%C3%B6kunta
> > > Zh (Chinese):
> > >
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/%E7%8F%BE%E4%BB%BB%E8%81%B7%E5%93%A1
> > >
> > > You are invited to improve those outdated version as well as start new
> > > language versions. Drafting is recommended to do on meta
> > > <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF/Current_staff
> >.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > KIZU Naoko
> > > http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)
> > > Quote of the Day (English): http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/WQ:QOTD
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > Translators-l mailing list
> > > [hidden email]
> > > http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
> > >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Translators-l mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
> >
> >
>
>
>
> --
> KIZU Naoko
> http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)
> Quote of the Day (English): http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/WQ:QOTD
>
> _______________________________________________
> Translators-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/attachments/20080202/0797e44e/attachment-0001.htm

------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l


End of Translators-l Digest, Vol 32, Issue 1
********************************************


_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Translators-l Digest, Vol 32, Issue 1

KIZU Naoko
On Feb 2, 2008 11:42 PM, Huji <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I guess you forgot to add "Persian" to the completed ones!
Hmmm I didn't mention to Persian since it was already done?

> Anyways, it is
> done and in order for it to look better this change is needed:
>
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/MediaWiki_talk:Common.css

Added. Thanks! Hope you guys have a better look and feel now.

> Huji



--
KIZU Naoko
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)
Quote of the Day (English): http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/WQ:QOTD

_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l