Re: [Wiki Loves Monuments] How can we put together a more rigorous screening

Re: [Wiki Loves Monuments] How can we put together a more rigorous screening

Federico Leva (Nemo)
WereSpielChequers, 31/01/2017 09:39:
> I'm not an admin on commons, but where I am an admin it would be
> expected that you would check the history of a file before deleting it.

It's expected on Commons too, see
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_policy#Speedy_deletion>.

When mistakes happen on Commons, we're sometimes too quick at
generalising. Currently Commons has issues with one or two rampant
admins who make semi-random deletions en masse (and even edit war on
deletion requests). Hopefully the situation is temporary.

Nemo