Quantcast

Re: [Wiki-research-l] abuse and online game communities

Re: [Wiki-research-l] abuse and online game communities

Pine W
Very interesting article, thanks Toby. Forwarding this on.

I particularly like this paragraph: "As a result of these governance
systems changing online cultural norms, incidences of homophobia, sexism
and racism in League of Legends have fallen to a combined 2 percent of all
games. Verbal abuse has dropped by more than 40 percent, and 91.6 percent
of negative players change their act and never commit another offense after
just one reported penalty."

Pine