Re: [WikiEN-l] USGS maps are liberated!

Guillaume Paumier
[ crossposting on wikien-l and commons-l ]

On 8/29/06, cohesion <[hidden email]> wrote:
Jared Benedict bought all of the USGS maps for $1600 and then had a
fund raiser to recoup the money. That has been done and now they are
being uploaded to the Internet Archive. Project info is here

Just letting people know, I'm sure there are a lot of cartographers
eager to get these into wikipedia :D

Judson

Is there any project on Commons to upload these maps?

g.

--
Guillaume Paumier
Disciplus Simplex

Fwd: [WikiEN-l] USGS maps are liberated!

Judson Dunn-2
On 8/30/06, Guillaume Paumier <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [ crossposting on wikien-l and commons-l ]
> Is there any project on Commons to upload these maps?
>
> g.

Not that I know of, I don't think they are completely uploaded yet,
but I would be glad to help if one gets started. I emailed the person
that did this and said we might be interested :) Apparently when the
upload is complete his project page will have more details about where
they are. There are a lot, so a commons project might be a good idea
:)