Re: Wikimania-l Digest, Vol 147, Issue 9

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wikimania-l Digest, Vol 147, Issue 9

MOHAMED MANHAL



Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, July 9, 2018, 1:00 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

Send Wikimania-l mailing list submissions to

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to

You can reach the person managing the list at

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Wikimania-l digest..."


Today's Topics:

  1. Re: Wikivoyage page for Wikimania 2018 (Andy Mabbett)
  2. Re: Wikivoyage page for Wikimania 2018 (Ellie Young)
  3. Re: Wikivoyage page for Wikimania 2018 (Michael Peel)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2018 22:11:44 +0100
From: Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]>
To: "Wikimania general list (open subscription)"
Subject: Re: [Wikimania-l] Wikivoyage page for Wikimania 2018
Message-ID:
    <CABiXOE=o5a2H4JDqPnQkOCLOtUnGgT4+r4aocWg+[hidden email]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

Thank you.

As I have just posted on the page's talk-page:

"How do we get to the city centre/ event venue from the airport? The
Cape Town page says to use MyCiTi - that's a bus, I think, but it's
not clear. What does it cost? Is exact change needed? Do we pay on the
bus, or at the airport?"


On 30 June 2018 at 09:19, Peter Southwood <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Updated, let me know if more information is needed.
>
> Cheers, Peter
>
>
>
> From: Wikimania-l [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf
> Of Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
> Sent: 29 June 2018 21:26
> To: Wikimania general list (open subscription)
> Subject: Re: [Wikimania-l] Wikivoyage page for Wikimania 2018
>
>
>
> Fixed link:
>
>
>
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 11:22 AM Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Wikivoyage:
>
>
> has a page with advice for Wikimania attendees. It's a good start, but
> needs more local knowledge. Please help to improve the page if you can
>
> For instance, South Africa uses both "Europlug" and "type D" power
> sockets - but which is most prevalent at the city's hotels, and the
> conference venue?
>
> --
> Andy Mabbett
> @pigsonthewing
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimania-l mailing list
>
>
>
> --
>
> Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
> Community Liaison, Wikimedia Foundation
>
>
>
> Virus-free. www.avg.com
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimania-l mailing list
>



--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing



------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2018 14:22:03 -0700
From: Ellie Young <[hidden email]>
To: "Wikimania general list (open subscription)"
Subject: Re: [Wikimania-l] Wikivoyage page for Wikimania 2018
Message-ID:
    <CA+cWZG4+6-u0Ajeh==[hidden email]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

There are several options, and yes that is a bus shuttle and the costs are
listed.

See:


On Sun, Jul 8, 2018 at 2:11 PM, Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thank you.
>
> As I have just posted on the page's talk-page:
>
> "How do we get to the city centre/ event venue from the airport? The
> Cape Town page says to use MyCiTi - that's a bus, I think, but it's
> not clear. What does it cost? Is exact change needed? Do we pay on the
> bus, or at the airport?"
>
>
> On 30 June 2018 at 09:19, Peter Southwood <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Updated, let me know if more information is needed.
> >
> > Cheers, Peter
> >
> >
> >
> > From: Wikimania-l [mailto:[hidden email]] On
> Behalf
> > Of Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
> > Sent: 29 June 2018 21:26
> > To: Wikimania general list (open subscription)
> > Subject: Re: [Wikimania-l] Wikivoyage page for Wikimania 2018
> >
> >
> >
> > Fixed link:
> >
> >
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 11:22 AM Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > Wikivoyage:
> >
> >
> > has a page with advice for Wikimania attendees. It's a good start, but
> > needs more local knowledge. Please help to improve the page if you can
> >
> > For instance, South Africa uses both "Europlug" and "type D" power
> > sockets - but which is most prevalent at the city's hotels, and the
> > conference venue?
> >
> > --
> > Andy Mabbett
> > @pigsonthewing
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wikimania-l mailing list
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> >
> > Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
> > Community Liaison, Wikimedia Foundation
> >
> >
> >
> > Virus-free. www.avg.com
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wikimania-l mailing list
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Andy Mabbett
> @pigsonthewing
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimania-l mailing list
>



--
Ellie Young
Events Manager
Wikimedia Foundation
c. <a dir="ltr" href="tel:510%20701%208649" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="40">510 701 8649
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2018 19:00:23 -0300
From: Michael Peel <[hidden email]>
To: "Wikimania general list (open subscription)"
Subject: Re: [Wikimania-l] Wikivoyage page for Wikimania 2018
Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Are the "Wow Capetown Travel and Tours” prices correct? They seem really expensive (e.g., US$45 is around 600ZAR, compared to 400ZAR for an Uber in both directions without sharing - the US$80/day tours seem extremely expensive!).

BTW, I’ve put some currency conversion estimates at:
and have created the template at:
that might be useful to add to the info pages.

Thanks,
Mike

> On 8 Jul 2018, at 18:22, Ellie Young <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> There are several options, and yes that is a bus shuttle and the costs are listed.
>
> See:
>
>
> On Sun, Jul 8, 2018 at 2:11 PM, Andy Mabbett <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> Thank you.
>
> As I have just posted on the page's talk-page:
>
> "How do we get to the city centre/ event venue from the airport? The
> Cape Town page says to use MyCiTi - that's a bus, I think, but it's
> not clear. What does it cost? Is exact change needed? Do we pay on the
> bus, or at the airport?"
>
>
> On 30 June 2018 at 09:19, Peter Southwood <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> > Updated, let me know if more information is needed.
> >
> > Cheers, Peter
> >
> >
> >
> > From: Wikimania-l [mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>] On Behalf
> > Of Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
> > Sent: 29 June 2018 21:26
> > To: Wikimania general list (open subscription)
> > Subject: Re: [Wikimania-l] Wikivoyage page for Wikimania 2018
> >
> >
> >
> > Fixed link:
> >
> >
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 11:22 AM Andy Mabbett <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Wikivoyage:
> >
> >
> > has a page with advice for Wikimania attendees. It's a good start, but
> > needs more local knowledge. Please help to improve the page if you can
> >
> > For instance, South Africa uses both "Europlug" and "type D" power
> > sockets - but which is most prevalent at the city's hotels, and the
> > conference venue?
> >
> > --
> > Andy Mabbett
> > @pigsonthewing
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wikimania-l mailing list
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> >
> > Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
> > Community Liaison, Wikimedia Foundation
> >
> >
> >
> > Virus-free. www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com/>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wikimania-l mailing list
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Andy Mabbett
> @pigsonthewing
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimania-l mailing list
>
>
>
> --
> Ellie Young
> Events Manager
> Wikimedia Foundation
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>c. <a dir="ltr" href="tel:510%20701%208649" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="82">510 701 8649
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimania-l mailing list

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list


------------------------------

End of Wikimania-l Digest, Vol 147, Issue 9
*******************************************

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l