Re: [Wikimedia Technical Conference] Reminder: Deadline of nominations: June 14, 2018

Re: [Wikimedia Technical Conference] Reminder: Deadline of nominations: June 14, 2018

Birgit Müller
Hey all,

a quick reminder: The deadline for nominations for the Wikimedia Technical
Conference (Portland, USA, October 22-25, 2018) is tomorrow, *Thursday June
14, 2018. *So if you are a volunteer (or staff member) and think you (or
the person you nominate) might be able to provide valuable feedback for the
program, please use this form: https://goo.gl/forms/MKF682BE1OVI0pe63 to
nominate yourself or someone else.

You can find more information on the nomination process in the FAQ:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Technical_Conference/2018/FAQ

If you haven't heard about the conference at all by now, please see:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Technical_Conference/2018 for more
information.

Questions are very welcome on the talk page there:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Technical_Conference/2018

Thanks to everyone who already has taken the time to nominate someone -
your support is much appreciated :-)

The Wikimedia Technical Conference Team

> [...]
> wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Technical_
> Conference_Survey_Privacy_
> Statement
>
> *If you have any questions, please post them on the event's talk page
> <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Technical_Conference/2018>.
> *
> Thanks!
>
> The Wikimedia Technical Conference Team
>

> On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 3:47 PM, Deborah Tankersley <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > *Hello,We recently announced the new Wikimedia Technical Conference
> > (TechConf) during the closing session of the Barcelona Hackathon on May
> 20,
> > 2018. We are sending this email to give an update on the planning and
> > organization, and to also let everyone know how the nomination process
> will
> > work for those interested in attending. The Wikimedia Technical
> Conference
> > will take place in Portland, OR, USA on October 22-25, 2018. And, as
> > mentioned in previous emails [1][2] and on the wiki page [3], this
> > conference will be focused on the cross-departmental program called
> > Platform Evolution. We will be providing more information and context as
> we
> > go along in the process.For this conference, we are looking for diverse
> > stakeholders, perspectives, and experiences that will help us to make
> > informed decisions for the future evolution of the platform. We need
> people
> > who can create and architect solutions, as well as those who actually
> make
> > decisions on funding and prioritization for the projects.Later this week,
> > we will send out a form to provide more detailed information on the
> > nomination process and how to nominate people (or it can be yourself) to
> > attend this conference, along with the skills, experiences, and/or
> > backgrounds that we are looking for. Due to the time needed for visa
> > application and other constraints, the deadline for nominations will be
> > June 8th. Please make sure that you don’t miss the deadline!If you have
> any
> > questions, please post them on the talk page [4][1]
> > https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-l/2018-April/047367.html
> > <https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-l/2018-
> April/047367.html>
> > [2] https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2018-
> > April/089738.html
> > <https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2018-April/089738.html
> >
> > [3] https://mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Technical_Conference/2018
> > <https://mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Technical_Conference/2018> [4]
> > https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Technical_Conference/2018
> > <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Technical_Conference/2018
> >
> > *
> >
> > *Cheers from the Program Committee:*
> > *Kate, Corey, Joaquin, Greg, Birgit and TheDJ*

Birgit Müller
Community Communications Manager
Software Development and Engineering

Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
http://wikimedia.de

http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

Re: [Wikimedia Technical Conference] Reminder: Deadline of nominations: June 14, 2018

Deb Tankersley
Hello all,

Thanks so much for all of the responses to our call for nominations to
attend the Wikimedia Technical Conference
​ (WMTC)​
!

We have made our decisions, and based on your fabulous inputs, we have
reached out to all prospective attendees. All folks that accepted have been
sent a registration form which will get the
​ir​
travel arrangements started.

If you’d like to know
​more about ​
how we decided on attendees
​,​
and the nomination process in general, you can read about it here:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Technical_Conference/2018/FAQ

If you’ll be an attendee
​​
, please keep an eye on the wiki page:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Technical_Conference/2018 for
updates
​.

​Questions a​
re always welcome on our talk page:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Technical_Conference/2018

Thanks again to everyone that took the time to write up nominations and
thanks to all that accepted — we’re looking forward to seeing you all and
having many brilliant conversations about platform evolution.

Cheers,

The Wikimedia Technical Conference Team

--

deb tankersley