Re: [Wikimedia-l] Celebrating Wikimania 2018 online

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Celebrating Wikimania 2018 online

Dariusz Jemielniak-3
Hi Romaine,

What a nice idea! Thanks!

Dj "pundit"

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018, 20:25 Romaine Wiki <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  The official part of Wikimania is over, this does not prevent ourselves
> from celebrating Africa's first Wikimania online, in more particular:
> writing Wikipedia articles.
>
> Africa is under represented in Wikipedia, by writing about it we both
> celebrate our great conference as well as we work on solving the Africagap
>
> With some Dutchies we started the idea of having a list of like 10-20
> articles of subjects from Cape Town and surrounding area. For example:
>

> Well-known park in Cape Town:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Company%27s_Garden
>
> The often referred to Dassie:
> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q323847
>
> Input needed!
>
> Romaine

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Celebrating Wikimania 2018 online

James Salsman-2
Chris Henner's proposal to limit future Wikimanias to the developing
world caught my interest:

https://twitter.com/schiste/status/1020682919826939904

I'd certainly support that as we all ponder whether the US is a
reasonable HQ anymore.

Best regards,
Jim