Quantcast

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Exit Interview - Sue

metasj
This was a wonderful idea.  Thank you both for organizing it.  SJ

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 12:09 AM, Theo10011 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> A few weeks ago MZMcBride proposed an exit interview for Sue on Meta. I
> believe his intention was something similar to Reddit's IAmA. I thought
> that this was a good idea and supported it. Sue has been at the helm for a
> long while, it would be interesting to get her reflection on all the
> changes, and give everyone who missed the last IRC office hour session, a
> chance to ask any lingering questions.
>
> Sue graciously accepted to do an exit interview a couple of weeks ago. The
> page is already set up on Meta[1] for this, and we have a few questions
> already. So far, things are organizing themselves pretty well with everyone
> voting on what questions are finally picked. Please understand that we want
> this to be a slow process, so everyone has time to see the questions and it
> can take weeks to get your answer.
>
> I would like to invite everyone reading this to have a look at the page.
> Please feel free to post your questions or vote for the ones already
> listed. Signpost, Wikinews or any other project/group that wants to use the
> exit interview is welcomed to follow that page and add to it. Thanks to MZ
> for getting things rolling on Meta and Sue, for accepting to do this.
>
> Regards
> Theo
>

> [1]http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_exit_interview/Sue_Gardner

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Exit Interview - Sue

Federico Leva (Nemo)
Dan Rosenthal, 17/05/2013 07:32:
> Is there any thought or discussion as to whether Sue could (or would want
> to) additionally do an actual Reddit IAmA, as Jorm did? Don't get me wrong,
> I understand why it is on Meta and I think the Meta interview is a great
> idea, but there is also something to be said for presenting to an audience
> of people beyond our immediate community of users who even know about meta,
> which Reddit's IAmA subreddit is. Especially since Sue has done some very
> important work on things like gender issues and her departing thoughts on
> broader internet governance issues that would benefit from a wider audience.

Note however that Reddit is an all-male environment, as noted on some
other list linking this:
<https://infobeautiful3.s3.amazonaws.com/2013/01/1276_chicks_rule.png>.
(Still not as bad as Wikimedia!)

Nemo