Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimania-l] [Wikimania Committee] Wikimania 2018

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimania-l] [Wikimania Committee] Wikimania 2018

Dariusz Jemielniak-3
On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 6:43 PM, Florence Devouard <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> We have listened to a lot of community members, both those present at
> Wikimania 2016 and more widely, and decided overall that, given there was
> strong desire for holding Wikimania every year, we should continue to do
> so. This means that we need to pick a team and location for hosting
> Wikimania in July/August 2018 soon.

One word: wow!!!

dariusz

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimania-l] [Wikimania Committee] Wikimania 2018

Gnangarra
well tried to submit Perth bid to the email supplied and the response was;

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for
the recipient domain wikimedia.org by mx1001.wikimedia.org.
[2620:0:861:3:208:80:154:76].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 Address [hidden email] does not exist

On 24 July 2016 at 06:47, Dariusz Jemielniak <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 6:43 PM, Florence Devouard <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

>> We have listened to a lot of community members, both those present at
>> Wikimania 2016 and more widely, and decided overall that, given there was
>> strong desire for holding Wikimania every year, we should continue to do
>> so. This means that we need to pick a team and location for hosting
>> Wikimania in July/August 2018 soon.
>

> One word: wow!!!
>
> dariusz

GN.
President Wikimedia Australia

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimania-l] [Wikimania Committee] Wikimania 2018

Joseph Fox
Gnangarra - perhaps it should be [hidden email] ?

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 at 01:27 Gnangarra <[hidden email]> wrote:

> well tried to submit Perth bid to the email supplied and the response was;
>
> Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
>
>      [hidden email]
>
> Technical details of permanent failure:
> Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server
> for the recipient domain wikimedia.org by mx1001.wikimedia.org.
> [2620:0:861:3:208:80:154:76].
>
> The error that the other server returned was:
> 550 Address [hidden email] does not exist
>
> On 24 July 2016 at 06:47, Dariusz Jemielniak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 6:43 PM, Florence Devouard <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> We have listened to a lot of community members, both those present at
>>> Wikimania 2016 and more widely, and decided overall that, given there was
>>> strong desire for holding Wikimania every year, we should continue to do
>>> so. This means that we need to pick a team and location for hosting
>>> Wikimania in July/August 2018 soon.
>>

>> One word: wow!!!
>>
>> dariusz

> GN.
> President Wikimedia Australia

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimania-l] [Wikimania Committee] Wikimania 2018

Gnangarra
thanks that seams to work, its now awaiting moderator approval