Re: [Wikimedia-l] "Not in the other language, Wiktionary edition"

Re: [Wikimedia-l] "Not in the other language, Wiktionary edition"

Shani Evenstein
Amir, you rock! Thanks so much.

This came up as somehing that could be helpful during the Wiktionary &
Wikisource panel at the Education space. Some panelists mentioned tgey are
wasting a lot time curating lists, so thought it coukd be helpful.

Forwarding to Wikimedia-l as many Wikrionary and Wikisource people ate
there.

Cheers,
Shani

On Fri, 23 Aug 2019, 16:27 Amir Sarabadani <[hidden email] wrote:

> Hey,
> During Wikimania, Shani told me the famous "Not in the other language"
> tool [1] doesn't work for Wiktionary (because the tool is based on Wikidata
> but Wiktionary uses something called Cognate). On my way to the airport, I
> wrote a hacky small thing to make things easier for Wiktionary users that
> you can find in [2]. Here's an example, list of French nouns that exist in
> German Wiktionary but not in English [3]. The code can be found in [4] and
> needs lots of love if anyone is interested.
>
> HTH
>
> [1]: https://tools.wmflabs.org/not-in-the-other-language/
> [2]: https://tools.wmflabs.org/dexbot/tools/nitolw
> [3]:
> https://tools.wmflabs.org/dexbot/tools/nitolw/index.php?fromLang=de&toLang=en&category=Substantiv+%28Franz%C3%B6sisch%29&limit=50
> [4]:https://github.com/Ladsgroup/NITOLW
>
> Best
> --
> Amir (he/him)

Re: [Wikimedia-l] "Not in the other language, Wiktionary edition"

Rajeeb Dutta
Thanks Amir for your great contribution once again.

Best Regards,
Rajeeb.
(U: Marajozkee)
Sent from my iPhone