Re: Wikimediaindia-l Digest, Vol 3, Issue 4

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wikimediaindia-l Digest, Vol 3, Issue 4

Vipul Dhasmana
Dear all
As mentioned in link
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2009/India, and
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2009. I support the bid for
Wikimania's 2009 (annual conference of the Wikimedia foundation, after
the Wikimania 2008 is held in Alexandria, Egypt then decide a city and
make the official bid) made by Indian chapter, scheduled in New Delhi.

As far as event management is concerned, I can that responsibilty as
head Uttarakhand office of my company www.sanketcommunications.com
Vipul Dhasmana


On 12/12/07, [hidden email]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Send Wikimediaindia-l mailing list submissions to
> [hidden email]
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> [hidden email]
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> [hidden email]
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Wikimediaindia-l digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: Update on the India chapter (Utkarshraj Atmaram)
>    2. Re: Wikimediaindia-l Digest, Vol 3, Issue 3 (Vipul Dhasmana)
>    3. Wikimania 2009 (Akash)
>    4. Re: Wikimania 2009 (Anirudh)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 21:23:47 +0530
> From: "Utkarshraj Atmaram" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Update on the India chapter
> To: [hidden email]
> Message-ID:
> <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> On Dec 10, 2007 6:10 PM, BalaSundaraRaman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Nicholas,
> >
> > Can you please state where the discussion regarding membership and such
> > happened and who the active members you mentioned are? I might've missed
> > something.
>
> There was a thread from OTRS, where Hari Prasad Nadig (who is on the
> Chapters committee) favored the society model, while some others
> preferred a Trust. Delphine M?nard, the Chair of the Chapters
> Committee advised us to carry out the discussion on Meta.
>
> The current draft of bylaws is not final -- I've left things like
> nature of the organization (Trust or Society), term of the Board etc.
> for others to decide by discussion on Meta.
>
> There has not been much discussion on Meta till now. I wonder how many
> people are active on the mailing list, and how many Indian Wikipedians
> know of the proceedings.
>
> I would like the draft to finalized by December 15, but I've been busy
> with things like FOSS.IN 2007 for the past few days. I've put up some
> stats about the existing chapters on Meta:
> <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_India/bylaws#Existing_chapters>
>
> This should help us to decide on pending issues that are crucial for
> getting approval from the Chapters Committee.
>
> Please feel free to make changes to the draft, and drop suggestions at
> <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_India/bylaws>
>
> --
> Utkarshraj Atmaram
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Utcursch
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 06:36:31 +0530
> From: "Vipul Dhasmana" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Wikimediaindia-l Digest, Vol 3, Issue
> 3
> To: [hidden email]
> Message-ID:
> <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> Dear all, my full support for the project.
> Vipul Dhasmana
> 09412303906
> Dehradun.
> Uttarakhand.
> India.
>
> On 12/10/07, [hidden email]
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Send Wikimediaindia-l mailing list submissions to
> > [hidden email]
> >
> > To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> > http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
> > or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> > [hidden email]
> >
> > You can reach the person managing the list at
> > [hidden email]
> >
> > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> > than "Re: Contents of Wikimediaindia-l digest..."
> >
> >
> > Today's Topics:
> >
> >    1. Re: Request on more details about India chapter
> >       (Utkarshraj Atmaram)
> >    2. Re: Wikimediaindia-l Digest, Vol 3, Issue 1 (Ravi Vaidyanathan)
> >
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Message: 1
> > Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 20:23:15 +0530
> > From: "Utkarshraj Atmaram" <[hidden email]>
> > Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Request on more details about India
> > chapter
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Message-ID:
> > <[hidden email]>
> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> >
> > On Dec 10, 2007 7:33 PM, Srinidhi N <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > I would also like to know more about the discussions that I might
> > > have missed and in particular representations from different regions and
> > > languages of India.
> >
> > You haven't missed much. Everything discussed till now is available here:
> > <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_India>
> >
> > There was an IRC meeting about the proposed Wikimedia India chapter in
> > 2004. There was a lull after that, and we started a discussion in
> > November 2007. Currently, our focus is on finalizing the bylaws:
> >
> > <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_India/bylaws>
> >
> > We need to decide things like whether the Chapter should be registered
> > as a trust or a society, what will be number and term of Board of
> > Directors etc.
> >
> > Once the draft of bylaws is finalized, we need to discuss things like
> > initial funding, membership fee etc.
> >
> > The Chapters Committee encourages us to discuss the things on meta.
> > So, please feel free to modify the draft, or suggest changes on the
> > talk page:
> >
> > <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_India/bylaws>
> >
> > --
> > Utkarshraj Atmaram
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Utcursch
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > Message: 2
> > Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 21:20:46 +0530
> > From: "Ravi Vaidyanathan" <[hidden email]>
> > Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Wikimediaindia-l Digest, Vol 3, Issue
> > 1
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Message-ID:
> > <[hidden email]>
> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> >
> > Im there in it too
> >
> > Ravi
> >
> > On Dec 10, 2007 6:10 PM, <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Send Wikimediaindia-l mailing list submissions to
> > >        [hidden email]
> > >
> > > To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> > >        http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
> > > or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> > >        [hidden email]
> > >
> > > You can reach the person managing the list at
> > >        [hidden email]
> > >
> > > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> > > than "Re: Contents of Wikimediaindia-l digest..."
> > >
> > >
> > > Today's Topics:
> > >
> > >   1. Re: Setting up a Wikimedia India chapter (TT Arvind)
> > >   2. Re: Setting up a Wikimedia India chapter (Riana)
> > >   3. Re: Setting up a Wikimedia India chapter (Deepu Joseph)
> > >   4. Re: Setting up a Wikimedia India chapter (Srikeit)
> > >   5. Nabble? (Akash)
> > >   6. Re: Nabble? (Hari Prasad Nadig)
> > >   7. Re: Nabble? (Akash)
> > >   8. Update on the India chapter (Nicholas)
> > >   9. Re: Update on the India chapter (R K Thukral)
> > >  10. Re: Update on the India chapter (BalaSundaraRaman)
> > >
> > >
> > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > Message: 1
> > > Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 00:00:27 +0000
> > > From: "TT Arvind" <[hidden email]>
> > > Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Setting up a Wikimedia India chapter
> > > To: [hidden email]
> > > Message-ID:
> > >        <[hidden email]>
> > > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> > >
> > > > We're hoping to set up a Wikimedia chapter by end of this month. Since
> > > > this list is currently inactive, I'm hoping to revive it. Please could
> > > > everyone respond to this mail so we know how many are actively
> > > > subscribed?
> > >
> > >
> > > I'm subscribed.
> > >
> > > regards,
> > >
> > > Arvind
> > > User:Vadakkan
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ------------------------------
> > >
> > > Message: 2
> > > Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 10:54:55 +1030
> > > From: Riana <[hidden email]>
> > > Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Setting up a Wikimedia India chapter
> > > To: [hidden email]
> > > Message-ID:
> > >        <[hidden email]>
> > > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
> > >
> > > On 07/11/2007, TT Arvind <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > We're hoping to set up a Wikimedia chapter by end of this month.
> Since
> > > > > this list is currently inactive, I'm hoping to revive it. Please
> could
> > > > > everyone respond to this mail so we know how many are actively
> > > > > subscribed?
> > > >
> > >
> > > Just a lurker. Of Indian origin but based in Australia, not sure how
> much
> > > I
> > > can help but will do all you need me to :)
> > >
> > > --
> > > Riana
> > >
> > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Riana
> > > http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Riana
> > > -------------- next part --------------
> > > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> > > URL:
> > >
> >
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimediaindia-l/attachments/20071107/d04164a7/attachment-0001.htm
> > >
> > > ------------------------------
> > >
> > > Message: 3
> > > Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 06:43:34 +0530
> > > From: "Deepu Joseph" <[hidden email]>
> > > Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Setting up a Wikimedia India chapter
> > > To: [hidden email]
> > > Message-ID:
> > >        <[hidden email]>
> > > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
> > >
> > > I'm here as well.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Deepu (User:thunderboltz)
> > >
> > > Nicholas wrote:
> > > > Hi everyone,
> > > >
> > > > We're hoping to set up a Wikimedia chapter by end of this month. Since
> > > > this list is currently inactive, I'm hoping to revive it. Please could
> > > > everyone respond to this mail so we know how many are actively
> > > > subscribed?
> > > -------------- next part --------------
> > > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> > > URL:
> > >
> >
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimediaindia-l/attachments/20071107/a8d6c873/attachment-0001.htm
> > >
> > > ------------------------------
> > >
> > > Message: 4
> > > Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 20:42:21 +0530
> > > From: Srikeit <[hidden email]>
> > > Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Setting up a Wikimedia India chapter
> > > To: [hidden email]
> > > Message-ID:
> > >        <[hidden email]>
> > > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> > >
> > > Another pair of eyes watching this list...
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Srikeit
> > > -------------- next part --------------
> > > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> > > URL:
> > >
> >
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimediaindia-l/attachments/20071107/6e194447/attachment-0001.htm
> > >
> > > ------------------------------
> > >
> > > Message: 5
> > > Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 23:58:40 +0530
> > > From: Akash <[hidden email]>
> > > Subject: [Wikimediaindia-l] Nabble?
> > > To: [hidden email]
> > > Message-ID:
> > >        <[hidden email]>
> > > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> > >
> > > Hi. I found during a recent google search that this mailing list is
> > > being archived publicly on another website called nabble -
> > >
> > >
> >
> http://www.nabble.com/Dutch-government-provides-freely-licensed-photos-t3871145.html
> > >
> > > Is this by design or is something else wrong? Is there any way to stop
> > > it or are all wikimedia mailing lists public? I don't have an
> > > particular problem with it, but it is still a place where anyone can
> > > get my name, my email address or more personal details.
> > >
> > > Akash
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ------------------------------
> > >
> > > Message: 6
> > > Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 00:19:38 +0530
> > > From: Hari Prasad Nadig <[hidden email]>
> > > Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Nabble?
> > > To: [hidden email]
> > > Message-ID: <1194461379.21158.22.camel@localhost>
> > > Content-Type: text/plain
> > >
> > >
> > > On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 23:58 +0530, Akash wrote:
> > > > Hi. I found during a recent google search that this mailing list is
> > > > being archived publicly on another website called nabble -
> > > >
> > >
> >
> http://www.nabble.com/Dutch-government-provides-freely-licensed-photos-t3871145.html
> > > >
> > > > Is this by design or is something else wrong? Is there any way to stop
> > > > it or are all wikimedia mailing lists public? I don't have an
> > > > particular problem with it, but it is still a place where anyone can
> > > > get my name, my email address or more personal details.
> > >
> > > This is a public list (the original archive itself is public). Hence, no
> > > surprises there.
> > >
> > > Just don't divulge any personal detail if you're concerned.
> > >
> > >  - h.p.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ------------------------------
> > >
> > > Message: 7
> > > Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 00:27:47 +0530
> > > From: Akash <[hidden email]>
> > > Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Nabble?
> > > To: [hidden email]
> > > Message-ID:
> > >        <[hidden email]>
> > > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> > >
> > > Sure. Thanks for the tip.
> > >
> > > Akash
> > >
> > > On Nov 8, 2007 12:19 AM, Hari Prasad Nadig <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 23:58 +0530, Akash wrote:
> > > > > Hi. I found during a recent google search that this mailing list is
> > > > > being archived publicly on another website called nabble -
> > > > >
> > >
> >
> http://www.nabble.com/Dutch-government-provides-freely-licensed-photos-t3871145.html
> > > > >
> > > > > Is this by design or is something else wrong? Is there any way to
> stop
> > > > > it or are all wikimedia mailing lists public? I don't have an
> > > > > particular problem with it, but it is still a place where anyone can
> > > > > get my name, my email address or more personal details.
> > > >
> > > > This is a public list (the original archive itself is public). Hence,
> no
> > > > surprises there.
> > > >
> > > > Just don't divulge any personal detail if you're concerned.
> > > >
> > > >   - h.p.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > _______________________________________________
> > > > Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
> > > > [hidden email]
> > > > http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ------------------------------
> > >
> > > Message: 8
> > > Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 13:13:29 +0530
> > > From: Nicholas <[hidden email]>
> > > Subject: [Wikimediaindia-l] Update on the India chapter
> > > To: [hidden email]
> > > Message-ID:
> > >        <[hidden email]>
> > > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > An update on the Wikimedia India chapter formation. We are in the
> process
> > > of
> > > finalizing the following:
> > >
> > > * Trust vs Society
> > > * Location of registration of trust
> > > * Finalizing by-laws
> > >
> > > 1. Trust vs Society : Consensus favours the trust model
> > > 2. As many active wikipedians are based in Ahmadabad, the chapter will
> be
> > > registered there.
> > > 3. By-laws are up on <
> > > http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_India/bylaws>. Please  do
> > > join in the discussions there. It is scheduled to  be closed
> > > on the 15th of December.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > --Nicholas
> > > -------------- next part --------------
> > > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> > > URL:
> > >
> >
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimediaindia-l/attachments/20071208/335dab00/attachment-0001.htm
> > >
> > > ------------------------------
> > >
> > > Message: 9
> > > Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 16:54:54 +0530
> > > From: "R K Thukral" <[hidden email]>
> > > Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Update on the India chapter
> > > To: <[hidden email]>
> > > Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> > > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> > >
> > > You may go ahead,
> > >
> > > best,
> > >
> > > R K thukral
> > >  -----Original Message-----
> > >  From: [hidden email]
> > > [mailto:[hidden email]]On Behalf Of
> Nicholas
> > >  Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2007 1:13 PM
> > >  To: [hidden email]
> > >  Subject: [Wikimediaindia-l] Update on the India chapter
> > >
> > >
> > >  Hi all,
> > >
> > >  An update on the Wikimedia India chapter formation. We are in the
> process
> > > of finalizing the following:
> > >
> > >  * Trust vs Society
> > >  * Location of registration of trust
> > >  * Finalizing by-laws
> > >
> > >  1. Trust vs Society : Consensus favours the trust model
> > >  2. As many active wikipedians are based in Ahmadabad, the chapter will
> be
> > > registered there.
> > >  3. By-laws are up on <
> > > http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_India/bylaws >. Please  do join
> > > in
> > > the discussions there. It is scheduled to  be closed on the 15th of
> > > December.
> > >
> > >  Regards,
> > >  --Nicholas
> > > -------------- next part --------------
> > > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> > > URL:
> > >
> >
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimediaindia-l/attachments/20071208/77948923/attachment-0001.htm
> > >
> > > ------------------------------
> > >
> > > Message: 10
> > > Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 04:40:33 -0800 (PST)
> > > From: BalaSundaraRaman <[hidden email]>
> > > Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Update on the India chapter
> > > To: [hidden email]
> > > Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> > > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
> > >
> > > Hi Nicholas,
> > >
> > > Can you please state where the discussion regarding membership and such
> > > happened and who the active members you mentioned are? I might've missed
> > > something. As far as I remember you asked in this list about willingness
> > to
> > > join and several people including me had expressed interest. I noticed
> > > Utcursch's comparison of Trusts and Societies. Apart from these, I'm not
> > > aware of any discussion that happened.
> > >
> > > I think that the Wikimedia chapter needs to have sufficient
> representation
> > > from as many Indian wikipedias as possible. Can we please have a
> detailed
> > > update in this list and the meta pages?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Sundar
> > >
> > > "That language is an instrument of human reason, and not merely a medium
> > > for the expression of thought, is a truth generally admitted."
> > > - George Boole, quoted in Iverson's Turing Award Lecture
> > >
> > > -------------- next part --------------
> > > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> > > URL:
> > >
> >
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimediaindia-l/attachments/20071210/47081b26/attachment.htm
> > >
> > > ------------------------------
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
> > > [hidden email]
> > > http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
> > >
> > >
> > > End of Wikimediaindia-l Digest, Vol 3, Issue 1
> > > **********************************************
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> >                          ///\\
> >                        (@ @)
> > +---------------oOO----(_)---Ooo---------------+
> >              Ravi Vaidyanathan
> >            Mobile : 98673 67801
> >           http://chakramhikers.com
> >  email : [hidden email]
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/naturetrails
> > http://picasaweb.google.com/ravi.vaidyanathan
> > +------------------------------------------------------+
> >                         |__|__|
> >                           || ||
> >                       ooO Ooo
> > -------------- next part --------------
> > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> > URL:
> >
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimediaindia-l/attachments/20071210/3f15abe5/attachment.htm
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
> >
> >
> > End of Wikimediaindia-l Digest, Vol 3, Issue 3
> > **********************************************
> >
>
>
> --
> Vipul Dhasmana
> Consultant,
> 55, Shakti Vihar,
> Adhoiwala,
> Dehradun-248001.
> Uttarakhand.
> India.
> Mobile: 09412303906
>
> My Blog: http://biography-gnat.blogspot.com/
>
> "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
> But I have promises to keep
> And miles to go before I sleep,
> And miles to go before I sleep."
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:49:50 +0530
> From: Akash <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Wikimediaindia-l] Wikimania 2009
> To: [hidden email]
> Message-ID:
> <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Hi all.
>
> Bids for Wikimania 2009 are going to open on Saturday. There is already an
> unofficial India bid made at
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2009/India. Should we bid for
> Wikimania? By that time we should (hopefully) have an active India chapter
> and more people too. Take a look at
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2009 for more details. For all
> those who are not aware - Wikimania is the annual conference of the
> Wikimedia foundation. Wikimania 2007 was held in Taipei, Taiwan and was
> attended by close to 500 people. Wikimania 2008 is going to be held in
> Alexandria, Egypt (home to the first library in the world).
>
> Do think and write your suggestions regarding Wikimania in India. We can
> then decide a city and make the official bid.
>
> Akash
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimediaindia-l/attachments/20071212/1556172d/attachment-0001.htm
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:54:35 +0530
> From: Anirudh <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Wikimania 2009
> To: [hidden email]
> Message-ID:
> <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Sounds really interesting, and I would be fully supportive of this, provided
> we could get enough enthusiasts. New Delhi would be a great choice, IMO. But
> then again, there is the ubiquitous question of sponsors.
>
> On 12/12/07, Akash <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all.
> >
> > Bids for Wikimania 2009 are going to open on Saturday. There is already an
> > unofficial India bid made at
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2009/India
> > . Should we bid for Wikimania? By that time we should (hopefully) have an
> > active India chapter and more people too. Take a look at
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2009
> > for more details. For all those who are not aware - Wikimania is the
> > annual conference of the Wikimedia foundation. Wikimania 2007 was held in
> > Taipei, Taiwan and was attended by close to 500 people. Wikimania 2008 is
> > going to be held in Alexandria, Egypt (home to the first library in the
> > world).
> >
> > Do think and write your suggestions regarding Wikimania in India. We can
> > then decide a city and make the official bid.
> >
> > Akash
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
> >
> >
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimediaindia-l/attachments/20071212/d08327f5/attachment.htm
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
>
>
> End of Wikimediaindia-l Digest, Vol 3, Issue 4
> **********************************************
>


--
Vipul Dhasmana
Consultant,
55, Shakti Vihar,
Adhoiwala,
Dehradun-248001.
Uttarakhand.
India.
Mobile: 09412303906

My Blog: http://biography-gnat.blogspot.com/

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l