Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Outcome of CIS work in Kannada Wikipedia

Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Outcome of CIS work in Kannada Wikipedia

Hari Prasad Nadig-2
As a sysop, significant contributor and presently an avid observer on
Kannada Wikipedia, I can say that it is true that the user activity has
returned to pre-education programme levels within a month or faster than
that. In fact, there has not been considerable increase in quality or
momentum on par with organic growth despite CIS shelling close to 17 Lakh
rupees (correct me if I'm wrong) - much of it constituting a percentage of
Dr. U B Pavanaja's salary at CIS.

There have been tens of such events being announced in a nutshell and
carried out without definitive impact.

What is more concerning is that the media reports (which is quite easy to
get in this part of the world) being used to cover up the lack of
definitive impact.

Perhaps we should hear more from the fellow Wikimedians who're neutral and
friends on Kannada Wikipedia mailing list who're neutral to assess the
actual impact than from CIS's partners (Christ College as on this thread,
for instance).

--
Hari Prasad Nadig
http://hpnadig.net