Re: [Wikipedia-l] Create new article - module ?

Re: [Wikipedia-l] Create new article - module ?

David Gerard-2
On 15/09/06, Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> From: "David Gerard" <[hidden email]>

> > See the front page of a Wikinews edition, e.g. http://en.wikinews.org/
> > - you'll see a box which anyone can type a title into and press a
> > button to create the article. This uses the <inputbox> extension - not
> > sure if this is part of the standard MediaWiki distribution.

> This is exactly what Im looking for.
> In the source I just see this
> {{Start an article}}
> How do I make this function on my site ?

I'm not sure, but I'm sure mediawiki-l will know!

(cc'd to mediawiki-l)

- d.

Re: [Wikipedia-l] Create new article - module ?

Chris Earle (CBL)
"David Gerard" <[hidden email]> wrote in
message news:[hidden email]...
wrote:

> > From: "David Gerard" <[hidden email]>
>
> > > See the front page of a Wikinews edition, e.g. http://en.wikinews.org/
> > > - you'll see a box which anyone can type a title into and press a
> > > button to create the article. This uses the <inputbox> extension - not
> > > sure if this is part of the standard MediaWiki distribution.
>
> > This is exactly what Im looking for.
> > In the source I just see this
> > {{Start an article}}
> > How do I make this function on my site ?
>

> I'm not sure, but I'm sure mediawiki-l will know!
>
> (cc'd to mediawiki-l)

Fantastic little extension

I just used it today to do some neat stuff

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Inputbox

have fun