Re: [Wikitech-ambassadors] Would any other wikis like to try out a new search?

Re: [Wikitech-ambassadors] Would any other wikis like to try out a new search?

Federico Leva (Nemo)
Nikolas Everett, 06/11/2013 15:13:
> Around that time I'm going to get hungry for more.  I'll have new
> servers with tons of head room and WMF folks will start asking me, "When
> can we turn off the old search?" and I like to be able to answer that
> with "When no one uses it.  We're adding 6 wikis to Cirrus this week so
> we'll get there eventually."  What do folks think about adding _all_
> wikisources and/or all wiktionaries as secondary?  I've been told that
> they really need template tranclusion and so the old search isn't really
> working for them any way.

+1 This is more true for Wiktionary than for Wikisource, because many
Wiktionaries produce tables of declension etc. via templates and that's
actual if not the main content of entries. Additionally, with a similar
"volume" it allows you to test in hundreds languages. So maybe
Wiktionary first and Wikisource shortly after?

Nemo

Re: [Wikitech-ambassadors] Would any other wikis like to try out a new search?

Gerard Meijssen-3
Hoi,
When you are interested in more functionality out of search, try combining
sources.. like Wikidata and Wikipedia..

I actually blogged about it.
http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.nl/2013/11/divcon-search-beyond-tail.html
Thanks,